Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned NFCU Card

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Redesigned NFCU Card

Recently was sent a new Platinum card from NFCU as the old one expired. Had the numbers on the back instead of the front. Are all the new cards being redesigned? For those who are new to NFCU do your cards have numbers in the back?

Business Cards
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Redesigned NFCU Card

I don’t have NFCU so really can’t say. But am thinking that over time all cards will either have the numbers on the back or do what Apple is doing with the new Apple Card and have no numbers at all on the card. For security and fraud purposes this approach is brilliant.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been wondering when they were going to get around to doing that. My Platinum from December is the old raised style but my More Rewards is the new style with the numbers on the back. I wish all my cards were like that, it’s much cleaner and they take up less room in my wallet.
Message 3 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

They need to redesign the flagship card.

Black metal with no Navy logo or Navy logo and globe in dark gray and the Visa and Signature is shinny silver.

Smiley Wink  PLEASE  Smiley Wink

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

I recently opened an NFCU checking and savings account, to switch from BofA. I'm waiting for my debit card to show up, hopefully tomorrow or tuesday it'll be here. I'm curious if their debit cards are changing the same way.

I would prefer that ALL issuers do this to their cards. Not only do they look cleaner, they're more secure.

|  
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been wondering when they were going to get around to doing that. My Platinum from December is the old raised style but my More Rewards is the new style with the numbers on the back. I wish all my cards were like that, it’s much cleaner and they take up less room in my wallet.

Amazing how we forgot the credit card in the shirt pocket washed and dried it. Oh, I will have to order a replacement. Funniest thing, it came with the information on the back of the card!

Message 6 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Confirmed, no change to the debit cards.

Not a big deal as I don't use my debit card anymore anyway. But i'm glad they're moving to this new design with their CC's, so when i apply for an NFCU card in the future it'll be that way.

|  
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazing how we forgot the credit card in the shirt pocket washed and dried it. Oh, I will have to order a replacement. Funniest thing, it came with the information on the back of the card!

😂 I have thought about ordering new cards. New Platinum from NFCU and new ClearPoints from BBVA. But with my luck, I would do that and then actually misplace my card and have to order another one and get hit with a fee. 

Message 8 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

Ages ago, when Cap1 sent me my first debit card, it had the info on the back and no raised numbers - it was unusual at the time and cashiers/waiters/etc would look at it, and some gave the card back as being "fake"

Funny how things have changed Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.