cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned NFCU Card

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Redesigned NFCU Card

Recently was sent a new Platinum card from NFCU as the old one expired. Had the numbers on the back instead of the front. Are all the new cards being redesigned? For those who are new to NFCU do your cards have numbers in the back?

Navy Amex 20k
Navy Cash Rewards 20k
Navy Platinum 15k
Discover It 16k
Citibank Preferred 11k
Penfed 17k
USAA 101st Airborne 6k
USAA Amex Rewards 2k
AmEx BCE 1k
Uber VISA 8k
Ducks Unlimited VISA 4K
Amex Platinum
Amex Gold
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Redesigned NFCU Card

I don’t have NFCU so really can’t say. But am thinking that over time all cards will either have the numbers on the back or do what Apple is doing with the new Apple Card and have no numbers at all on the card. For security and fraud purposes this approach is brilliant.
Message 2 of 9
Senior Contributor

I have been wondering when they were going to get around to doing that. My Platinum from December is the old raised style but my More Rewards is the new style with the numbers on the back. I wish all my cards were like that, it’s much cleaner and they take up less room in my wallet.
70DD1A3B-9DE6-4CBB-A6D9-BA705BE22054.jpeg
Scores 1/2019:
Scores 8/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 3 of 9
Valued Contributor

They need to redesign the flagship card.

Black metal with no Navy logo or Navy logo and globe in dark gray and the Visa and Signature is shinny silver.

Smiley Wink  PLEASE  Smiley Wink

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k+ unsecured credit in 2017  -  $250k+ unsecured credit in 2019.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

10% Rotating - Discover                   5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                6% Groceries - Amex Preferred (DW)
5% Gas & Sporting - Ducks Unl         4% Dining & Entertain - Savor           3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything Else - Flagship          1% Cancer Charity - Fifth Third          0% Finance Promos - Venture & QuickSilver

Message 4 of 9
Regular Contributor

I recently opened an NFCU checking and savings account, to switch from BofA. I'm waiting for my debit card to show up, hopefully tomorrow or tuesday it'll be here. I'm curious if their debit cards are changing the same way.

I would prefer that ALL issuers do this to their cards. Not only do they look cleaner, they're more secure.

|  
Message 5 of 9
Moderator Emeritus

@Saeren wrote:
I have been wondering when they were going to get around to doing that. My Platinum from December is the old raised style but my More Rewards is the new style with the numbers on the back. I wish all my cards were like that, it’s much cleaner and they take up less room in my wallet.

Amazing how we forgot the credit card in the shirt pocket washed and dried it. Oh, I will have to order a replacement. Funniest thing, it came with the information on the back of the card!

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Regular Contributor

Confirmed, no change to the debit cards.

Not a big deal as I don't use my debit card anymore anyway. But i'm glad they're moving to this new design with their CC's, so when i apply for an NFCU card in the future it'll be that way.

|  
Message 7 of 9
Senior Contributor

@Dinosaur wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Amazing how we forgot the credit card in the shirt pocket washed and dried it. Oh, I will have to order a replacement. Funniest thing, it came with the information on the back of the card!

😂 I have thought about ordering new cards. New Platinum from NFCU and new ClearPoints from BBVA. But with my luck, I would do that and then actually misplace my card and have to order another one and get hit with a fee. 

70DD1A3B-9DE6-4CBB-A6D9-BA705BE22054.jpeg
Scores 1/2019:
Scores 8/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 8 of 9
Valued Contributor

Ages ago, when Cap1 sent me my first debit card, it had the info on the back and no raised numbers - it was unusual at the time and cashiers/waiters/etc would look at it, and some gave the card back as being "fake"

Funny how things have changed Smiley Happy

Garden goal: keep on keepin' on until 2020.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.