Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Alaska Airlines Visa Card

tag
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Replacement Alaska Airlines Visa Card

My search didn't turn up anyone mentioning this yet..  I just received my replacement Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card with the card number & expiration date printed on the back.  I like it, a very clean look, compared to those outdated embossed versions.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Replacement Alaska Airlines Visa Card

If all banks would do thise we'd be able to squeeze a couple more cards into the wallet instead of the SD.

Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

My replacement Alaska card was the same way. I kinda wish other lenders would follow Apple with the no numbers in the card. Just a little more added security for places where you still have to hand your card over. Mostly restaurants in my opinion.

Or at the very least (and I know it won’t happen at higher end places) but for the Long Horns/Red Lobsters of the world, the ability to swipe and pay at the table like Chili’s.
Message 3 of 5
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
My replacement Alaska card was the same way. I kinda wish other lenders would follow Apple with the no numbers in the card. Just a little more added security for places where you still have to hand your card over. Mostly restaurants in my opinion.

Or at the very least (and I know it won’t happen at higher end places) but for the Long Horns/Red Lobsters of the world, the ability to swipe and pay at the table like Chili’s.

At least until you actually need your number to be manually typed in. Granted this has only happened to me a couple times. Or when you have to read your CC number to a business that you had physically called ie TrueGreen Lawn service or something.

I like the idea of added security however, if there's a will there's a way. My Visa debit card was used in a Market at a POS spot in another state. I had had never used my debit card (not once). I called BoA when I first got the card then set it in my safe. BoA said that someone had actually swiped my card in NJ and I live in TX. At least the BoA fraud department was on it ASAP. In app and online. So what I am saying is that embossed, flat or non existing numbers, even cards that haven't see any public usage, fraud may still happen. 

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 4 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@CramEiko I get it and there is no 100% way to prevent fraud but ever little bit helps...removing numbers, in my opinion, is a step in the right direction.

And to be honest, I don't think it will be long before other lenders start to copy what Apple and GS has done. Just like metals cards, I believe that it'll eventually catch on. Only time will tell...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.