cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Verizon Visa is flimsy plastic.

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Replacement Verizon Visa is flimsy plastic.

Lost my Verizon Visa card about 10 days ago. Called and requested a replacement card and it showed up today via USPS. The replacement card is not metal, it''s plastic. Not only is it plastic, it is the flimsiest plastic credit card I have ever held in my hand. Was also hoping they'd upgrade my card to Visa Signature since my credit limit has since went up to $5,500 but nope. Thanks Synchrony.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Replacement Verizon Visa is flimsy plastic.

@gorgon wrote:

Lost my Verizon Visa card about 10 days ago. Called and requested a replacement card and it showed up today via USPS. The replacement card is not metal, it''s plastic. Not only is it plastic, it is the flimsiest plastic credit card I have ever held in my hand. Was also hoping they'd upgrade my card to Visa Signature since my credit limit has since went up to $5,500 but nope. Thanks Synchrony.  Smiley Frustrated

I have that card I didn't know it came in metal?   Mine is the black plastic as well but I got mine back in March 2021

Message 2 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I think metal was only on initial rollout. Sorry about that.

Considering the crappy app. The flimsy card doesn't surprise me.

Message 3 of 7
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I think metal was only on initial rollout. Sorry about that.

Considering the crappy app. The flimsy card doesn't surprise me.

Very interesting. I don't use Verizon, but I checked the card out a while ago and I recall the card page mentioning it was metal.... maybe even the TV commercials as well. I don't see anything about it now. Kind of a bummer if they stopped offering it in metal.

Message 4 of 7
gorgon
Established Contributor

Update:  My limit was raised to $10k. About a month later I got an email saying my card was being upgraded to Visa Signature and a new card was on the way. I kept watching the mailbox for the new card, and nothing. Then opened my front door one morning and a FedEx envelope was stuck between my door and screen door. It was my Visa Siggy and is a metal card again!

Message 5 of 7
Reattach1
New Visitor

This new card is very cheap plastic. I called Verizon and complained. I really liked the metal card. I won't be using this CHEAP plastic card. I'll find another metal one. To bad Verizon. I'll be telling everyone about this.

@gorgon wrote:

Message 6 of 7
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

Update:  My limit was raised to $10k. About a month later I got an email saying my card was being upgraded to Visa Signature and a new card was on the way. I kept watching the mailbox for the new card, and nothing. Then opened my front door one morning and a FedEx envelope was stuck between my door and screen door. It was my Visa Siggy and is a metal card again!

Nice!  Not that it really matters having a metal card, but just got my first one with VX **bleep** it feels good in the hands!

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.