Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards blog?

tag
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: Rewards blog?

@buildafico wrote:
What if a new card has not seen your spending habits yet ? Just curious on thoughts

The fraud detection algorithms will kick in. CCC spend a lot of money in in algorithms to determine what constitutes fraud and as such, if you do it once or twice, you may get away with it, but pattern develops quickly and it is noticable.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 11 of 22
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

All good points. I probably would not risk it, although I think that's crap since it does not define this as illicit behavior. But i digress banks are not in business to pay us lol
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 12 of 22
IamB2
Established Contributor

@buildafico wrote:
All good points. I probably would not risk it, although I think that's crap since it does not define this as illicit behavior. But i digress banks are not in business to pay us lol

LOL. nice point

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 13 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The idea of a rewards blog is good.  Let's just make sure we don't tip toe into the land of MSSmiley Wink

~Lexie

Message 14 of 22
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

No I don't cross that threshold, I feel like this part of the reason they ask you your monthly housing payment. If we were all guilty of MS it would probably ruin rewards cards for everyone, and we don't want that lol just stick to creative ways to get more bang for your buck.
Like buying restaurant gift cards at kroger for 4x gas points Smiley Very Happy
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 15 of 22
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

MS is a bad thing i know. What if your local grocery store encourages it? Would the credit card company say it's a bad thing? I haven't decided how i feel about it even though im a crazy couponer.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 16 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Carrie_in_Pa wrote:

MS is a bad thing i know. What if your local grocery store encourages it? Would the credit card company say it's a bad thing? I haven't decided how i feel about it even though im a crazy couponer.

Your local grocery store wouldn't be on the hook when Chase, Amex or Citi shuts down your accounts.  Obviously, you have to consider your level of risk but as far as discussing it here -it's a no no. Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 22
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Thanks Lexie, that was enough to make me decide how i feel about it.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Message 18 of 22
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Speaking of rewards I want the SAMs club MasterCard lol
Message 19 of 22
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Sams Club... I've never even seen a Sams Club before. I think maybe i have to stop wishing for cards and start wishing to relocate where there's better shopping !!!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.