Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton New policy.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Ritz Carlton New policy.

This was brought to my attention when I made a reservation.  The customer service representative informed me that their new policy is you have up to  seven days prior  without being charged any penalty.      

IMG_1556.PNG

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton New policy.

This is good to know as I am going to be staying in the one on Central Park and may have to cancel and rebook because other things coming up...  Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Wow... that's brutal.

I wonder if they allow you to make changes during the seven-day window, i.e. push out the check-in date?

Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya 7 day advance cancellation is brutal.. I know Marriott recently changed to two day notice I believe... 7 days is really advance IMO for hotels

Message 4 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Man that's some bull smh....

Message 5 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I know this sounds brutal, but with Marriott, to me this isn't a HUGE deal. There is a workaround that I've found... just modify your reservation if you absolutely HAVE to cancel.. just modify your reservation to a week out into the future or more from the present time and then cancel it. It's always worked for me if I've had to make last minute cancellations. Never had the hotel call me or get dinged by it by Marriott. They may not love it, I don't know. 

Say you've made a reservation for July 15th.. want to cancel now? You can't with current policy. Change to August 15th, and now you can cancel it easily with no issues. 

Message 6 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

I know this sounds brutal, but with Marriott, to me this isn't a HUGE deal. There is a workaround that I've found... just modify your reservation if you absolutely HAVE to cancel.. just modify your reservation to a week out into the future or more from the present time and then cancel it. It's always worked for me if I've had to make last minute cancellations. Never had the hotel call me or get dinged by it by Marriott. They may not love it, I don't know. 

Say you've made a reservation for July 15th.. want to cancel now? You can't with current policy. Change to August 15th, and now you can cancel it easily with no issues. 

Interesting solution. I'm sure they will eventually close that loophole. 7 days out is rather absurd though. People normally pay higher rates to have the ability to cancel. Sadly Hilton just jumped on board and is copying marriott so this is likely to be the new norm until consumers send these companies a message of their displeasure. I would imagine this really hurts businesses where they are constantly moving teams around and may have to shift a team from one location to another at the last minute. I could understand 24 hours notice but 7 days is just silly. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:

This worked.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Eh, I doubt they'll close the "loophole" as everyone needs to have the ability to modify their reservations when they actually do need to change their plans.
Message 9 of 13
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Let me add a little bit more information that I found out over the weekend when I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Lake Oconee.  I was speaking with the supervisor in the club lounge and he informed me that they have a new policy  in place or will be implemented in a future date but what it is if you have more than four in your party each person after that will be charge $75 a day to access the club lounge. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.