Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rose gold Amex and authorized users.

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Rose gold Amex and authorized users.

I was recently approved for the Amex Gold card.   I put my DW as an authorized user and was told by Amex rep that her Gold card would be plastic.  Well, it just got here and her card is metal. Is this standard or a mistake?

Business Cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Rose gold Amex and authorized users.

To my understanding the AU cards are the exact same as the primary card. Gold metal = gold metal. Rose gold metal = rose gold metal. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU cards are also metal. But someone posted that AU cards have to be the same as primary user.... Gold for both, or Rose for both.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the new rose gold edition and added my daughter and she too got the same metal card like mine.

Message 4 of 7
355F1
Contributor

New Rose Gold member here. Gf got the same metal card as an AU
Message 5 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They were supposed to upgrade people in stages. If they were unable to keep up with demand, the AU would receive a plastic one, but it appears that they are keeping up just fine.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmoney144 wrote:

I was recently approved for the Amex Gold card.   I put my DW as an authorized user and was told by Amex rep that her Gold card would be plastic.  Well, it just got here and her card is metal. Is this standard or a mistake?

Probably a mix up on the rep's side. AFAIK Platinum's gold AU cards are plastic and likely won't get upgraded to the metal one (i.e. as they were never a PRG card which was what the current gold card used to be).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.