cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores varying like crazy! How do I know which is likely close to correct!

tag
Trapper123

Scores varying like crazy! How do I know which is likely close to correct!

Hi, all.  You've heard this song before...I had 725 and above my whole life untill the economy tanked, blah, blah, blah, but let's just say I settled with like eight credit card companies in 2013. Very little new debt acquired since and all on time payments since then.  Last month I pulled a Experian report from their website and got the three-score option. It said EX was 545, EQ was 563, and TU was 571.  Yikes!  I knew it was bad, but gosh!  So last week I went to myfico.com and paid for Score watch or whatever it's called.  My Equifax score was 636.  I pulled a free annual credit report and chose TU, and the score was 652.  How on earch could a month ago EQ have been 563 and a month later be 636?  And how could TU have been 571 and now 652?  Credit Karma says 652.  So am I like like in the MId 600s or the mid 500s????  Thanks for your time!

Starting Score: 636
Current Score: 636
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Re: Scores varying like crazy! How do I know which is likely close to correct!

@dana4steno wrote:

Hi, all.  You've heard this song before...I had 725 and above my whole life untill the economy tanked, blah, blah, blah, but let's just say I settled with like eight credit card companies in 2013. Very little new debt acquired since and all on time payments since then.  Last month I pulled a Experian report from their website and got the three-score option. It said EX was 545, EQ was 563, and TU was 571.  Yikes!  I knew it was bad, but gosh!  So last week I went to myfico.com and paid for Score watch or whatever it's called.  My Equifax score was 636.  I pulled a free annual credit report and chose TU, and the score was 652.  How on earch could a month ago EQ have been 563 and a month later be 636?  And how could TU have been 571 and now 652?  Credit Karma says 652.  So am I like like in the MId 600s or the mid 500s????  Thanks for your time!

The three scores you pulled from Experian or other sources are FAKOs (Not actual FICO scores). Any scores you pull from myFICO (This Site) are your actual FICO scores. There can be wide differences in these scores. FAKO's are good for cheaply, or for free, tracking trends,

Message 2 of 3
Trapper123

Re: Scores varying like crazy! How do I know which is likely close to correct!

Yay!  That's great news!  Thanks!

Starting Score: 636
Current Score: 636
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.