Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings must be "public" not "private"

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Settings must be "public" not "private"

Received Netflix membership as a gift from my son.  Yeah - thank you son!  Logged on, picked a movie, tried to watch it, and the message came up telling me that I have to have to change my settings from "private" to "public."  Argh.  What a pain in the arse!  And why should Netflix have full access to my browser's info??

Logged onto Comcast today and the buggers are now doing the same thing!!!  (I have access to Comcast through a friend.)

What is up with these media companies demanding my browser be set to public and not private??

I can't call either company since the account is not in my name.  Anyone?

I keep my browser set to private.  Never know when I will need to leave the computer or who will snoop.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Settings must be "public" not "private"

Interesting..we watch Netflix on the PS4 so we don't have this issue (I've never tried watching Netflix on my computer actually). Do you have anything else you can watch it on other than your computer?
Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Settings must be "public" not "private"

I can try my iPad...  I haven't figured out how to do "private" settings on my iPad though.

Just irritates me that it's now a requirement to use their services.  Just like they "require" that you allow cookies to be installed on your computer by  them and their friends.  This is comcast.  I have my settings set so that ONLY the website I am on can put cookies on the computer and then I go delete them.  Comcast fights me every time on this one...but I usually win.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.