cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I make Youtube videos that give personal finance advice?

tag
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I make Youtube videos that give personal finance advice?

@800who wrote:

I appreciate the honesty! I guess I was just looking for a hobby and it's one of the things I'm passionate about and enjoy talking about... I'm saying I'm an expert.. my big point in the OP is that I'm a 21 year old who came from nothing with no help and I'm doing fine financially, compared to the stereotypical 21 year old... my point is that it's more realistic.. "if this guy can do it so can I" type attitude,

Why not start by pitching finance publications or personal finance blogs to create content fo them. You can test the waters this way and see if there's an audience for the videos you want to create.

Message 11 of 16
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Give it a shot! Figure out what your niche is, make some practice videos, and then go for it. You never know 😊

Message 12 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

While you might steer away from more technical areas like tax planning, you could try to do something a little humorous or self-deprecating about going to extreme lengths to save money.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 13 of 16
Hut1
Established Contributor

People were snorting condoms & eating tide pods off of a YouTube dare craze. There are plenty of younger generational adults who are more into googling solutions than hiring a professional because let's face it.. they don't have a lot of expendable cash. How do you think they found their way to this board? 😉

I say go for it if it makes you happy & something you are passionate. Just make sure you make a disclaimer that you are not a professional, but wanting to share what worked/didn't work for you & you should be fine. 👍

download

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

In some states financial advisor is a regulated profession and requires a license.      

Message 15 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Why do you care what we think? Just do it if you want to. If you care too much about what people think, than it's a bad idea. You won't do well with the initial lack of interaction or people being jerks in the comments. Fortune favors the bold. If it's something you want to do, pull the trigger. Don't wait for a go ahead from strangers on the internet that you'll probably never meet in real life.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.