Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

What was your smallest credit card transaction ever made?

Mine was 3 cents at USPS.

I went to the post office once to pick up a package and mail 3 items. I handed the clerk the 3 items that had a stamp on each. She told me that the stamps were not forever stamps and I was 1 cent short on each. I told her I don't have cash or change on me, and none in my car. She said I'd let you go, but she'd have to do that for everyone. I said I'll go check under my seat in my car, maybe I can find 3 pennies in my car or in the parking lot lol. Couldn't find 3 cents. I asked if they take credit cards. She said yes, so I charged 3 cents. With merchant fees, they would been better off forgetting the 3 cents.

If you're keeping score at home, I got no rewards for that transaction lol.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

Message 2 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Probably Los Angeles mass transit. Relatives' senior citizen fare is 35 cents on some routes.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

89c for a coffee.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

99¢ is the smallest I have ever charged to a credit card. Back before they took taxes for online purchases.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the board and wasn't aware of the old post.

I'd like to charge 1 cent someday but it's harder to do these days.

Message 6 of 22
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Unrelated yet related: I once got a check in the mail for 1 cent from health insurance. I really wanted to cash it at a teller but ended up using mobile deposit.

Message 7 of 22
Andypanda
Established Contributor

18 cents. Got a gift card, went over by 18 cents, chargged it.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that at a restaurant? It's a pain to pay with a restaurant gift card where there's less than gratuity left on the card and you have to whip out a credit card to pay the remaining gratuity. 

I had a $50 gift card for Chili's that I used and the bill came to $50.01. The server told me she got a penny and added it to my bill and I was good. I said I have to pay the tip and leaving 1 cent to charge would have been better, because I think you need something other than 0 to add a tip.

She ran my card (I guess) for $0 and I added the tip. It took a week before it showed up on my account.

Message 9 of 22
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

My smallest is the same as yours lol. I came up just barely short at the Walmart self checkout. Charging three cents was somewhat enraging. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.