Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

@pinkandgrey wrote:

My smallest is the same as yours lol. I came up just barely short at the Walmart self checkout. Charging three cents was somewhat enraging. 

When people are around, its more embarrassing than anything. They are thinking,  you don't have 3 cents on you and you have to FINANCE that amount lol.

Message 11 of 22
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I remember this one well. It was the BK Detour Event. Stopped in at my local McDonald's for a $1 soda and ordered a $0.01 Whopper, I think, at the BK across the street. Biggest joke run I have ever done. The credit card also offered up $0.25 back per transaction so the final amount due was -$0.24 when everything was done and over with. I literally got paid to buy something.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

I remember this one well. It was the BK Detour Event. Stopped in at my local McDonald's for a $1 soda and ordered a $0.01 Whopper, I think, at the BK across the street. Biggest joke run I have ever done. The credit card also offered up $0.25 back per transaction so the final amount due was -$0.24 when everything was done and over with. I literally got paid to buy something.

That is a good one and maybe my CC bucket list is to charge 1 cent. And I would LOVE it to be the post office. Unfortunately, most stamps now are forever stamps and 1 cent stamps are harder to come by.

Message 13 of 22
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Going from Holyhead to Dublin on the ferry and just had to have a Coke. 2.44 Euros, I think it was.
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 14 of 22
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

That is a good one and maybe my CC bucket list is to charge 1 cent. And I would LOVE it to be the post office. Unfortunately, most stamps now are forever stamps and 1 cent stamps are harder to come by.

You can still buy them however they come on sheets of 20. Also the whole idea of forever stamps was to reduce and eliminate the headache of the $0.01 stamps as it was cheaper to forgive the cent than print the stamps.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 15 of 22
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I had to laugh because in May, I charged 1cent on my NFCU cashRewards. Here is my post.
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/A-1cent-charge-on-my-NFCU-cashRewards-Ludicrous/m-p/56...

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 22
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Oh this is a hoot! You win 😆

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I once charged 1¢ at Macy's, and it actually had to be done with a card.

Message 18 of 22
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

55 cents for a stamp. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 19 of 22
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

I once paid 50-cents on a parking meter.  Some of the meters on pricier downtown Seattle streets give you just 1.09 mins for the first nickel.  I'm gonna try to charge 5-cents for fun!!

Edit: Just realized there's a 12-minute transaction minimum on our parking meters now.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.