cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: Smallest CC Transaction Ever Made?

@pinkandgrey wrote:

My smallest is the same as yours lol. I came up just barely short at the Walmart self checkout. Charging three cents was somewhat enraging. 

When people are around, its more embarrassing than anything. They are thinking,  you don't have 3 cents on you and you have to FINANCE that amount lol.

Scores:
    Experian FICO Score 8 = 847
    TransUnion = 837
    Equifax = 837

Cards (hover over for CL & Rate):
Message 11 of 18
Established Contributor

I remember this one well. It was the BK Detour Event. Stopped in at my local McDonald's for a $1 soda and ordered a $0.01 Whopper, I think, at the BK across the street. Biggest joke run I have ever done. The credit card also offered up $0.25 back per transaction so the final amount due was -$0.24 when everything was done and over with. I literally got paid to buy something.

TU:795 10/08/18 Synchrony--EX: 758 10/26/18 Discover--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 10/15/18
Active:
Bank of America (Bankamericard M, Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One Quicksilver VSC, Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC), Citi Dividend M, Citizens GreenSense M, Discover It, FedEx Employee Credit Association V(Pending Close?), FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M, Walmart M), US Bank Cash+ VS
Wishlist: Barclaycard Uber, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, UMB Bank Simply Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 12 of 18
Regular Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

I remember this one well. It was the BK Detour Event. Stopped in at my local McDonald's for a $1 soda and ordered a $0.01 Whopper, I think, at the BK across the street. Biggest joke run I have ever done. The credit card also offered up $0.25 back per transaction so the final amount due was -$0.24 when everything was done and over with. I literally got paid to buy something.

That is a good one and maybe my CC bucket list is to charge 1 cent. And I would LOVE it to be the post office. Unfortunately, most stamps now are forever stamps and 1 cent stamps are harder to come by.

Scores:
    Experian FICO Score 8 = 847
    TransUnion = 837
    Equifax = 837

Cards (hover over for CL & Rate):
Message 13 of 18
Valued Member

Going from Holyhead to Dublin on the ferry and just had to have a Coke. 2.44 Euros, I think it was.
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 14 of 18
Established Contributor

@rsmy1234 wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

That is a good one and maybe my CC bucket list is to charge 1 cent. And I would LOVE it to be the post office. Unfortunately, most stamps now are forever stamps and 1 cent stamps are harder to come by.

You can still buy them however they come on sheets of 20. Also the whole idea of forever stamps was to reduce and eliminate the headache of the $0.01 stamps as it was cheaper to forgive the cent than print the stamps.

TU:795 10/08/18 Synchrony--EX: 758 10/26/18 Discover--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 10/15/18
Active:
Bank of America (Bankamericard M, Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One Quicksilver VSC, Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC), Citi Dividend M, Citizens GreenSense M, Discover It, FedEx Employee Credit Association V(Pending Close?), FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M, Walmart M), US Bank Cash+ VS
Wishlist: Barclaycard Uber, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, UMB Bank Simply Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 15 of 18
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I had to laugh because in May, I charged 1cent on my NFCU cashRewards. Here is my post.
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/A-1cent-charge-on-my-NFCU-cashRewards-Ludicrous/m-p/56...
GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 16 of 18
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Oh this is a hoot! You win 😆

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 17 of 18

I once charged 1¢ at Macy's, and it actually had to be done with a card.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.