cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So if you're getting a tax refund whatcha doing with it?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

So if you're getting a tax refund whatcha doing with it?

I plan on paying off the balance remaining I have with BML, and stash the rest in savings towards a (first) home purchase sometime in 2014! Smiley Happy

YOU??

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
moneypenny02
New Contributor

Straight to the house downpayment bank account!

Straight to the house downpayment bank account!

Message 2 of 15
Jkusa
Valued Member

Re: Straight to the house downpayment bank account!

It'll be part of my son's wedding gift later this year

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Re: So if you're getting a tax refund whatcha doing with it?

Mine is directly going to savings for either paying down some debt or towards my first home that I am hoping to purchase this summer!

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 4 of 15
alinaro_77
Established Member

Downpayment on my first house!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Savings Account to later fund my Roth IRA for next year

Message 6 of 15
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Paying some credit cards off!

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 7 of 15
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Paying tuition and paying off the last of my collections!  Smiley Very Happy

FICO Scores 800+
Message 8 of 15
DannyC990

After orginally thinking I was only getting $1,450 back, I was going to sock it away for summer courses....

BUT, after having problems with TurboTax, I went to HR Block and the person there said I was supposed to get $2,400 back! Plus an additional $1,000 after they did a second-look on last year's return.

So I'm going to pay off my credit cards AND put some away for summer courses AND have some left over for savings! Very happy right now!

Current credit cards:
PNC Secured, Capital One Secured, Target, Ashley Funiture/Synchrony, Sears MasterCard
Message 9 of 15
moneypenny02
New Contributor

@DannyC990 wrote:

After orginally thinking I was only getting $1,450 back, I was going to sock it away for summer courses....

BUT, after having problems with TurboTax, I went to HR Block and the person there said I was supposed to get $2,400 back! Plus an additional $1,000 after they did a second-look on last year's return.

So I'm going to pay off my credit cards AND put some away for summer courses AND have some left over for savings! Very happy right now!

Wow, so the 2nd look thing really works???  I am debating having someone look at my taxes rather than just doing it myself.  I feel like I have a pretty straight-forward return, but do you mind asking how complicated your financial situation is?  I am wondering if someone who has no income/losses outside of what is reported in W-2 (and meager interest statements for savings accounts) and no mortgage would benefit from paying for an actual preparer.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.