Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sock Drawer Habits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sock Drawer Habits

For those of you that "sock drawer" your cards, where are those cards actually put? Do you literally stuff it in your sock drawer...? I saw somebody mention they used lockbox/safe for their cards.

I thought I saw a thread on this a while back, but I can't seem to find it again.

This is partially out of curiosity, but I am also trying to decide what I'd like to do with my cards that I plan to SD soon.

As of lately, if I were to toss them into my SD or something possibly cluttered, I was thinking of using one of those aluminum RFID blocking card holders that used to be advertised on TV all the time. They are relatively cheap and seem to be "specifically designed" for organizing cards, and would be sufficient in keeping all my SD cards together.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Sock Drawer Habits

You just gave me the idea to use an actual safe...I just happened to get one on sale. I was really just using a plastic cup full of AU cards, unused cards, and all sorts of business cards.

Thank you!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally use the Sock Drawer.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For those of you that "sock drawer" your cards, where are those cards actually put? Do you literally stuff it in your sock drawer...? I saw somebody mention they used lockbox/safe for their cards.

I thought I saw a thread on this a while back, but I can't seem to find it again.

This is partially out of curiosity, but I am also trying to decide what I'd like to do with my cards that I plan to SD soon.

As of lately, if I were to toss them into my SD or something possibly cluttered, I was thinking of using one of those aluminum RFID blocking card holders that used to be advertised on TV all the time. They are relatively cheap and seem to be "specifically designed" for organizing cards, and would be sufficient in keeping all my SD cards together.

Old Wallet inside our personal safe..

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got one of those leather credit card wallets that looks like a checkbook but holds 20 cards.  I carry about 4 cards in my wallet, the rest of the Non daily drivers go in there and in the safe.

Message 5 of 7
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

I have a large leather credit card holder that I load up and stick in a rather large but hidden safe. We recently purchased the safe to store our important documents and my backup Hard drive etc in.

I only carry 2-3 CCs on me at any one time since I use a slim CC holder for personal use.
Message 6 of 7
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

All mine are in a safe in my nightstand.  I go through and change out one or two a month.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.