Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony ps5 or new Xbox for you all?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sony ps5 or new Xbox for you all?

They tend to do bundles to charge more to push things that aren't selling early on in the console's life because they can get away with it. Wait a while and the bundle 'o crap and the price of the console will drop.

Also, overheating issues and other stuff will go away.

Message 61 of 79
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They tend to do bundles to charge more to push things that aren't selling early on in the console's life because they can get away with it. Wait a while and the bundle 'o crap and the price of the console will drop.

It's actually supposed to be illegal to sell a bundled item if it can't be purchased separately.

Message 62 of 79
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I found bundles are also convenient at launch. While all the scalper bots were going after the standalone consoles, I was able to stroll in and grab a PS5 bundle from GameStop. I still paid less than the scalpers wanted for a console and got a second controller and some other junk to boot.

As an added bonus, they later decided not to ship one of the games due to delays and refunded me part of the price.

Message 63 of 79
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Just got a ps5 from walmart. Piece of cake.

Message 64 of 79
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Must of walked in at perfect time.. Granted I got alot form various places for friends during first few weeks launch.  They are by no means still easy to get probably won't be throughout the year due to demand whether people want them for gaming and now they are being using to mine crypto currency so the demand will be throughout the year and shortgage will persist.  Yes you might get luck and walk in walmart and they could have some stock also depends where you live on supply/demand.

Message 65 of 79
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Must of walked in right at same time.. Granted I got alot form various places for friends during first few weeks launch.  They are by no means still easy to get probably won't be throughout the year due to demand whether people want them for gaming and now they are being using to mine crypto currency so the demand will be throughout the year and shortgage will persist.  Yes you might get luck and walk in walmart and they could have some stock also depends where you live on supply/demand.

It was online. Once I figured out how to beat the bots, everyone I told got one. Since I'm sure someone will ask, it can only be done on walmart, and you should be using the app. It also needs to be done while they are restocking every 10 mins. Basically, there's a couple second delay after the time hits before it shows in stock. You have to get one in your cart. You can try to check out, but it will probably go out of stock long before that. Once in checkout, go all the way to the last step which has you enter your cvv. Now you have to wait until the next drop at the 10 minute mark. When the clock hits, wait a couple of seconds then hit submit. Couple of seconds later you'll have a congrats and a ps5. Worked 4 times so far on first try between all of us. Now, just waiting to make sure they don't get cancelled in the next day or two.

Message 66 of 79
iced
Valued Contributor

I miss the days when people didn't have to jump through hoops or do online tricks to do things like buy something or make an appointment to get vaccinated.

Message 67 of 79
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

This is the way it is with retail arbitrage. Scalping has become acceptable, both as an act, and a job. I don't think it will ever go back to the way it was. These companies just have to find a way to battle bots.

Message 68 of 79
iced
Valued Contributor

This is the way it is with retail arbitrage. Scalping has become acceptable, both as an act, and a job. I don't think it will ever go back to the way it was. These companies just have to find a way to battle bots.

I'd say 'acceptable' is not quite the right word. It's pretty universally despised by anyone who isn't a reseller themselves. These resellers are also largely not reporting their sales to the IRS, and the taxman doesn't like to be cheated. We'll eventually see a crackdown, if for no other reason than that.

Message 69 of 79
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@iced wrote:

I'd say 'acceptable' is not quite the right word. It's pretty universally despised by anyone who isn't a reseller themselves. These resellers are also largely not reporting their sales to the IRS, and the taxman doesn't like to be cheated. We'll eventually see a crackdown, if for no other reason than that.

No, it's the correct word in that the younger generations are ok with it. It's considered by many to be just as valid a job as working 9-5. Same as being a youtube star. I think it's scalping and market manipulation. I do agree that if the IRS can catch them it'll be a world of hurt.

Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.