cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooo sick of AT&T crap....any recommendation for cell phone service?....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooooo sick of AT&T crap....any recommendation for cell phone service?....

I'm sick of AT&T lying reps with everything.

I wonder what you think of Cricket services?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sooooo sick of AT&T crap....any recommendation for cell phone service?....

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sick of AT&T lying reps with everything.

I wonder what you think of Cricket services?

Depending on your data use and budget, I would consider Google Project Fi, but it might require changing phones depending what you have now -- only a small subset of Android devices are 100% compatible, but once a SIM is activated on a supported device you may try (unofficially) switching to other hardware.  https://fi.google.com/about/faq/#supported-devices

While I don't use it myself yet, I signed my mom up for the service, previously having been on T-Mobile and AT&T/Cingular before that.  With Project Fi, her bill with less than 1GB data usage averages below $30 per month.  The base plan charge is $20, with data billed at $10 per 1GB, but any unused data is credited back at approximately one cent per MB.  For example, if you use just 1.5 GB of data you'll pay only ~$15 for that data, instead of $20 for 2GB, on top of the $20 base charge (plus minimal taxes).  Project Fi let's you pre-pay for data from 1GB to 10GB, but they still credit you back on your statement for any unused data, even if you prepaid for more.

https://fi.google.com/about/

If you might be interested, Google Project Fi rewards $20 to both the referrer and the person being referred with a $20 credit.

Referral Terms: https://fi.google.com/about/referral-tos/

Message 2 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty thrifty when it comes to cell service. I just grab a sim card from walmart and use straight talk on my own Note7/S7 edge.  The service is great in this area. I pay $55 per month for 10 gigs of 4G.

vgyhbjnmk.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd look into Family Mobile. It's basically T-Mobile through Wal-Mart. You can bring any phone you like in, and the plans are very cheap. 

Plans start at $25/mo for unlimited talk, text, 4g, + 1GB LTE. They go up to $50/mo which includes 13GB LTE/mo. Check out the link in my previous paragraph.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 11.14.06.png

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For California...my vote is TMobile or Google Fi.

I'm a single line, an unlocked Android and use my phone as a wifi hotspot. T-Mobile was the cheaper choice.

T-Mobile Tuesdays are 50/50 on getting good stuff in my opinion. DoC posts about it as well. Idk if it's still going, but they gave me a share of stock, TMUS, when I joined. Maybe happy since I said I was leaving Verizon after 15 years!

Coverage isn't bad for heavy towered California. I stay relatively metro in SoCal.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.