Did you mean: 

Sound bar for the tv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sound bar for the tv

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

I thought this was the myFICO forums, not Consumer Reports. Last few topics have not been anything credit related, but products to buy.

For sound bar choices, CES is virtual this year, but would normally be here in Vegas this month. New products will start releasing March, April-ish.

That's why it's here in SmorgasBoard! Personally, I am happy to talk about anything other than credit.

Yep, totally agreed. 👍 

Message 11 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

I thought this was the myFICO forums, not Consumer Reports. Last few topics have not been anything credit related, but products to buy.

For sound bar choices, CES is virtual this year, but would normally be here in Vegas this month. New products will start releasing March, April-ish.

All kinds of good topics in smorg. It's a nice change of pace from endless credit posts and I wish more people used it. 

I have nothing against Smorgasbord, and there are good topics. I meant to quote OP, whose most recent posts have all been related to products, such as electronics.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

That's why it's here in SmorgasBoard! Personally, I am happy to talk about anything other than credit.

Yep, totally agreed. 👍 

+3

Message 13 of 20
razzy116
Established Contributor

I have a samsung 42 inch hd tv. i"m going to give Sonos a shot. Thank you for every ones input.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
razzy116
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I have a Sony soundbar for my tv and it does the job well. 

One thing to consider with the new soundbar, do you care about Dolby Atmos? What is your budget? Are you looking for a 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 system? Do you have a price point in mind? Plenty of great options out there from Sony, Samsung, Sonos, Polk, etc. 

I like Dolby Atmos, the newest system. i know Sony, Samsung, Sonos, price point maybe around $1000.00. Thank you and be safe.

Sonos Arc. Later on, add the Sonos sub. 

There aren't many sound bars that cut the mustard but Sonos makes pretty amazing sound bars. 

Make sure your TV supports eARC and if you want Dolby Atmos instead of just 5.1, make sure it supports that too. 

Where do i find if my Samsung tv supports Sonos eArc? Thank you very much.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@razzy116 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I have a Sony soundbar for my tv and it does the job well. 

One thing to consider with the new soundbar, do you care about Dolby Atmos? What is your budget? Are you looking for a 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 system? Do you have a price point in mind? Plenty of great options out there from Sony, Samsung, Sonos, Polk, etc. 

I like Dolby Atmos, the newest system. i know Sony, Samsung, Sonos, price point maybe around $1000.00. Thank you and be safe.

Sonos Arc. Later on, add the Sonos sub. 

There aren't many sound bars that cut the mustard but Sonos makes pretty amazing sound bars. 

Make sure your TV supports eARC and if you want Dolby Atmos instead of just 5.1, make sure it supports that too. 

Where do i find if my Samsung tv supports Sonos eArc? Thank you very much.

Check the manual or Google samsung (model) hdmi ARC

If it doesn't have ARC, check and see if it has optical. Most TVs have optical. 

Message 16 of 20
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Samsung has HDMI ARC built in the sound settings on some models under advanced. Look and see if its there on your TV.

20211221_050720.jpg

Message 17 of 20
razzy116
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Samsung has HDMI ARC built in the sound settings on some models under advanced. Look and see if its there on your TV.

20211221_050720.jpg

My Samsung tv is about 10 about yrs old so it does not have HDMI-eARC mode, Looks like i have to upgrade my tv. 

Message 18 of 20
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I have a high end LG with wireless rears. Then I bought a Sonos Beam for the bedroom at half the cost, and it's WAY better. I will only go Sonos from now on.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 19 of 20
iced
Valued Contributor

Somewhat related: has anyone tried out the new Harman Kardon Sound+Charge system for Lovesac sofas? I'm tempted to pick it up as the ability to have all the speakers except the soundbar hidden/not taking up any space is quite appealing.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.