cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound bar for the tv

razzy116
Frequent Contributor

Sound bar for the tv

What is a good sound bar to get for the tv? Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv

I've got a Samsung HW-MS750 I picked up about 2 years ago. Absolutely love it. I believe it's been replaced with a newer model at this point though. 

 

However, now that I actually own rather than rent I would have considered professional installation for a true 7.1 setup. 


Message 2 of 20
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv

I have a Sony soundbar for my tv and it does the job well. 

 

One thing to consider with the new soundbar, do you care about Dolby Atmos? What is your budget? Are you looking for a 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 system? Do you have a price point in mind? Plenty of great options out there from Sony, Samsung, Sonos, Polk, etc. 



FICO 5 ,4, 2 12/2021

FICO 8 - 1/2022

FICO 9 - 12/2021
Message 3 of 20
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv


@razzy116 wrote:

What is a good sound bar to get for the tv? Thank you and be safe.


I've been happy with my Bose Soundtouch 300 (think it's been replaced with a newer model since). Paired with their subwoofer and satellite speaker option, it does a fine enough job.

Message 4 of 20
razzy116
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv


@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I have a Sony soundbar for my tv and it does the job well. 

 

One thing to consider with the new soundbar, do you care about Dolby Atmos? What is your budget? Are you looking for a 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 system? Do you have a price point in mind? Plenty of great options out there from Sony, Samsung, Sonos, Polk, etc. 


I like Dolby Atmos, the newest system. i know Sony, Samsung, Sonos, price point maybe around $1000.00. Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sound bar for the tv


@razzy116 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I have a Sony soundbar for my tv and it does the job well. 

 

One thing to consider with the new soundbar, do you care about Dolby Atmos? What is your budget? Are you looking for a 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 system? Do you have a price point in mind? Plenty of great options out there from Sony, Samsung, Sonos, Polk, etc. 


I like Dolby Atmos, the newest system. i know Sony, Samsung, Sonos, price point maybe around $1000.00. Thank you and be safe.


Sonos Arc. Later on, add the Sonos sub. 

There aren't many sound bars that cut the mustard but Sonos makes pretty amazing sound bars. 

Make sure your TV supports eARC and if you want Dolby Atmos instead of just 5.1, make sure it supports that too. 

Message 6 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv

I thought this was the myFICO forums, not Consumer Reports. Last few topics have not been anything credit related, but products to buy.

For sound bar choices, CES is virtual this year, but would normally be here in Vegas this month. New products will start releasing March, April-ish.

Message 7 of 20
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv

I have the Sonos Beam, it was rated best under $400 by many.

Sonos is nice especially if you want to add other speakers for rear or music in other rooms.

What is really nice about it is that IT learns your remote not the other way around.

So if you have a decent cable or sat remote, you can use it for the TV, cable/sat, and the sound bar for volume.

Also, Sonos is controlled by your phone for music, etc.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2021.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

5% Rotating - Discover                         5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                   3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl            4% Dining & Entertain - Savor               3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything - Flagship, Synchrony, Evergreen, & Venture


Message 8 of 20
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sound bar for the tv


@blindambition wrote:

I thought this was the myFICO forums, not Consumer Reports. Last few topics have not been anything credit related, but products to buy.

For sound bar choices, CES is virtual this year, but would normally be here in Vegas this month. New products will start releasing March, April-ish.


That's why it's here in SmorgasBoard! Personally, I am happy to talk about anything other than credit.


Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sound bar for the tv


@blindambition wrote:

I thought this was the myFICO forums, not Consumer Reports. Last few topics have not been anything credit related, but products to buy.

For sound bar choices, CES is virtual this year, but would normally be here in Vegas this month. New products will start releasing March, April-ish.


All kinds of good topics in smorg. It's a nice change of pace from endless credit posts and I wish more people used it. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.