Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spammers

tag
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Spammers

Is it just me or don't these morons have anything better to do than to sit on their computers spamming the boards? I mean really?! Man that gets me mad! Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Spammers

Thanks for everyone's help in pointing them out. They keep us humored. I don't know if I should share this, be we get dozens and dozens of posts each most for spammers. Most of it is jibberish.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No disrespect intended, but what one may consider spam may be an important post to the person who posted it.

I have read, well let me refresh my home page....one sec....13,574 posts, and thats just when I've been logged in, probably double that if you were to count the times I have come to MyFico, probably in the 100's of times, and not logged in and just read and read posts, my point is, Yes I've read posts that were downright dumb, but I consider every post a valid post in the mind of the Author of that post.

Again NO disrepect but, could this post be considered spam? I know its not because of the Forum thats it's posted in, but is it possible that some may consider this post spam?

I'm only expressing my opinion, I'm in no way calling this post spam or invalid, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Message 3 of 11
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No disrespect intended, but what one may consider spam may be an important post to the person who posted it.

I have read, well let me refresh my home page....one sec....13,574 posts, and thats just when I've been logged in, probably double that if you were to count the times I have come to MyFico, probably in the 100's of times, and not logged in and just read and read posts, my point is, Yes I've read posts that were downright dumb, but I consider every post a valid post in the mind of the Author of that post.

Again NO disrepect but, could this post be considered spam? I know its not because of the Forum thats it's posted in, but is it possible that some may consider this post spam?

I'm only expressing my opinion, I'm in no way calling this post spam or invalid, you have your opinion and I have mine.

The spam I'm referring to had nothing and I mean nothing to do with credit of any kind (wrestling, UFC, jibberish posts, they had nothing to do with credit) You must not of seen the posts before the Mod's deleted them. They really were spam! lol

And I can see what you were saying if I was talking about people's credit related posts but I was not.

Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Gotta love the UFC fights posts come lately! Of all places to post. Smiley Very Happy  Then there are some for purses, clothes, travel, payday lenders, UK lotteries or insurance, and so on. Then some come on to talk about their credit repair biz, their mortgage biz, their CC biz, their loan biz, their real estate biz, and so on. They don't last long.

Message 5 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Gotta love the UFC fights posts come lately! Of all places to post. Smiley Very Happy  Then there are some for purses, clothes, travel, payday lenders, UK lotteries or insurance, and so on. Then some come on to talk about their credit repair biz, their mortgage biz, their CC biz, their loan biz, their real estate biz, and so on. They don't last long.

...and let's not forget the "search engine optimization services".  There've been several of those lately, with live links.  The posts ask for help in choosing keywords, where to place those words, etc., in the auto loan forum, the rebuilding your credit forum, etc. 

Aggravates the h*ll out of me, but the mods do a good job in removing them. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mekitcat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The spam I'm referring to had nothing and I mean nothing to do with credit of any kind (wrestling, UFC, jibberish posts, they had nothing to do with credit) You must not of seen the posts before the Mod's deleted them. They really were spam! lol

And I can see what you were saying if I was talking about people's credit related posts but I was not.

Oh sorry about that, I did not see any of those posts.

Now had I seen those posts and noticed they were deleted by the Mods, I would have completely agreed with you 100%, and do agree with you now that I know what you are referring to.

I just figured what you were referring to, were some credit related posts. I normally keep my opinions to myself and do not do a lot of disagreeing with people, and go figure, the one time I decide to, I was wayyyy off base, my apologies again.

Message 7 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

you guys do an awesome job of showing those guys the door!  keep it up!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Mustanglvr2006 wrote:  Oh sorry about that, I did not see any of those posts.

Now had I seen those posts and noticed they were deleted by the Mods, I would have completely agreed with you 100%, and do agree with you now that I know what you are referring to.

I just figured what you were referring to, were some credit related posts. I normally keep my opinions to myself and do not do a lot of disagreeing with people, and go figure, the one time I decide to, I was wayyyy off base, my apologies again.

The mods here do such a good job, you probably wouldn't ever see any of those posts (unless you're up at 4 AM, of course).

If you do see a spam post, just hit the link to "report abuse".  A mod will see what the post is, why it is considered abuse, and take care of that for us.

I'm not a mod, but I do hit that button a few times a month when I see something out of whack.  Then it's up to those mods to make their judgement calls. 

They're usually right (but not for my posts, of course!) 

OK, my posts, too!  (Sometimes.  Usually.  Alright, all of the time, OK?  I hate when this happens!!)    

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh sorry about that, I did not see any of those posts.

No problem I figured as much, no worries. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.