cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid "name" question for Lowe's card holders...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stupid "name" question for Lowe's card holders...

I'll preface this by saying that this is a very stupid question and incredibly minor so please excuse it up front.

For those of you with Lowe's cards, when you log into your account online are both your first name and last name capitalized?  With mine, only my first name is capitalized and it just irritates the heck out of my OCD to not see my last name capitalized.  I've sent messages to CS about this 4 times now.  The first 3 times they said they would look into it.  This 4th time however this morning they responded with "they cannot capitalize last names" which I think is a complete BS answer/statement.  So, I figured I'd ask on here and if other Lowe's card holders have capitalized last names on their accounts I know they are full of it. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Stupid "name" question for Lowe's card holders...

Switch to Home Depot, lol!

Tell them you lost your card and have it replaced.  New acct# and card, a redo!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 24
washpadude
Regular Contributor

I checked the mobile and full sites. First and last capitalized on both. Apparently they just want to make you crazy.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 3 of 24
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I just checked mine, hubby's, and mom's accounts and they are all capitalized.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies guys.  I was 99.9% sure that they capitalized last names as standard protocol, but just messed up with mine.  I just wanted to get verification to be sure here.

I mean really, how hard is it for a CS person to fix this.  Click on the last name field, highlight a lowercase character and hit shift+that character.  How long does that take?

Message 5 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's probably an easy fix for them and they are just being stupid, but at the same time it's probably not worth worrying about. Not like it impacts anything. I would just forget about it. Like I said in your other thread you can let every little thing drive you crazy with credit and your accounts or you can just try to let minor things go. I suggest the latter. No creditor is going to be perfect with everything.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easier said than done.  While I can just "try to let it go" it is still in my face every time I log into the account with "Welcome Firstname lastname!" which I'll essentially have to look at forever, or as long as I have the account anyway. 

If it was a difficult fix I would get it, but obviously it isn't.  I get where you're coming from and where you were coming from in some of your replies to my past threads.  You and I are obviously quite different in terms of personality types, what makes us tick etc. so you telling me to just let things go or me telling you to spend more time thinking about something really isn't ever going to accomplish much Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine are both capital.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 8.40.59 AM.png

Message 8 of 24
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

If I didn't know any better I'd think there was a national banking conspiracy to mess up your name on your accounts. First your suffix and now this?! We're on to them...

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 9 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys.  I was 99.9% sure that they capitalized last names as standard protocol, but just messed up with mine.  I just wanted to get verification to be sure here.

I mean really, how hard is it for a CS person to fix this.  Click on the last name field, highlight a lowercase character and hit shift+that character.  How long does that take?

Have you worked in big corporate IT?   We would estimate, oh, 500 person hours, to analyze the problem, make sure there are no other impacts, add code to allow a CSR to make the change with appropriate permissions, staging and testing of the change, and then a production deployment...  better make that 750 hours!   

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.