Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSA pre approved yaya lol

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

TSA pre approved yaya lol

So decided since I have various cards that offer TSA pre along with GE to finally actually this last Monday go in and get my TSA Pre at a Bank of America location of all places.  Got my fingerprints done, etc..  Got my KTN this morning and added it for my trip this coming Tuesday to see my folks.  Will be nice to not have to be in the huge lines and not remove my shoes or take laptop out of bag etc and hopefully the way shorter lines during crazy holiday travel!  I will go for my Global entry although need my passport and seemed to misplace that awhile back and cancelled it and need to go and get a new one reissued.  Plan on getting that done sometime in December then once I have that schedule my interview with is about 3 months out where I live.  Crazy they have the long of wait to get an appointment for GE.  Heard it is alot worse in other parts of the country.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: TSA pre approved yaya lol

Nice!  A little bit of work in the beginning will pay off every time you enter the zoom-zoom line at the airport.

Crazy a bank can verify that you are who you claim to be...7-11's next? Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Moneyklutz wrote:

Nice!  A little bit of work in the beginning will pay off every time you enter the zoom-zoom line at the airport.

Crazy a bank can verify that you are who you claim to be...7-11's next? Smiley Tongue

Lol wasn't BofA the place I did it at just happened to have a location within the BofA location (very strange!!).  The main manager of the bank asked if I travel alot and then tried to sell me on investing with them through Merrill prior to my appt. time.  so figure they might think people that travel alot may have more income for investing or something and thus allowed this company the is contracted with the TSA to do business out of their location?  Shrug 

Message 3 of 9
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Hahaha now THAT makes sense...

Sneaky bastages they be!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So decided since I have various cards that offer TSA pre along with GE to finally actually this last Monday go in and get my TSA Pre at a Bank of America location of all places.  Got my fingerprints done, etc..  Got my KTN this morning and added it for my trip this coming Tuesday to see my folks.  Will be nice to not have to be in the huge lines and not remove my shoes or take laptop out of bag etc and hopefully the way shorter lines during crazy holiday travel!  I will go for my Global entry although need my passport and seemed to misplace that awhile back and cancelled it and need to go and get a new one reissued.  Plan on getting that done sometime in December then once I have that schedule my interview with is about 3 months out where I live.  Crazy they have the long of wait to get an appointment for GE.  Heard it is alot worse in other parts of the country.

I'm not surprised an enrollment center was in a bank. Mine was in a strip mall. They don't need much space, particularly if they can share a waiting area with another business.

Which state are you in (or, particularly, which state was your driver ID issued in)? A few states' drivers licenses won't be acceptable ID for domestic flights on Jan 22, 2018. Getting a passport application in soon may be best.

Once you have your passport, check the TTP website often. Sometimes other people get interviews as walk-ins, which frees up the interviews they'd booked for later. Also, CBP sometimes opens up new spots and there's a feeding frenzy of booking. That's how I got an interview in only a week.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I'm not surprised an enrollment center was in a bank. Mine was in a strip mall. They don't need much space, particularly if they can share a waiting area with another business.

Which state are you in (or, particularly, which state was your driver ID issued in)? A few states' drivers licenses won't be acceptable ID for domestic flights on Jan 22, 2018. Getting a passport application in soon may be best.

Once you have your passport, check the TTP website often. Sometimes other people get interviews as walk-ins, which frees up the interviews they'd booked for later. Also, CBP sometimes opens up new spots and there's a feeding frenzy of booking. That's how I got an interview in only a week.

Live in Nashville, TN along with my DL... Ya the airport is the only location for GE in my state for interview, probably that way in every state?  When I looked about 2 weeks ago first interview was end of January.  Would of proceeded with making the appt. and paying the fee, but needed the passport prior to scheduling thus stopping me in my track.  I can probably get the passport within a few weeks when I get back from visiting family for turkey day just have it expedited and pay that fee although has been awhile since I got a passport, but lost and had to have it cancelled thus the situation I am in with having to get a new one for GE.   I am hoping it might be possible for walk-in all though in all honesty probably won't be leaving the country until Apr-Jun time frame so a normal entry is probably good enough even if it isn't until March time frame as from what I read the do all the other BG checks (more thorough) prior to the interview and if all is good they issue you the GE or approve you right there at the interview if all goes well.  Correct?  Just using the TSA Pre as a stop gap for this upcoming trip and possibly another one prior to GE as have a few cards that reimburse for TSA/GE fees. 

Never heard about change coming up Jan 22nd for certain states that is strange...  I assume Tenn will be good as getting a DL down here was a PITA they made you bring in certified birth certificate along with SS card etc.  Although I certainly could be wrong.  Needless to say will be getting a passport process started sometime in Dec and probably get it before end of december although the holidays certainly do slow down things

Only thing I am a bit worried about on the GE is a dui from about 20 years ago, but heard as long as honest and nothing in the last 10 years and you disclose it all you are good to go.  Have had security clearance as well 10 years ago and the DUI didn't cause me an issue thus doubt it would for GE either, but stranger things have happened

Message 6 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Live in Nashville, TN along with my DL... Ya the airport is the only location for GE in my state for interview, probably that way in every state?  When I looked about 2 weeks ago first interview was end of January.  Would of proceeded with making the appt. and paying the fee, but needed the passport prior to scheduling thus stopping me in my track.  I can probably get the passport within a few weeks when I get back from visiting family for turkey day just have it expedited and pay that fee although has been awhile since I got a passport, but lost and had to have it cancelled thus the situation I am in with having to get a new one for GE.   I am hoping it might be possible for walk-in all though in all honesty probably won't be leaving the country until Apr-Jun time frame so a normal entry is probably good enough even if it isn't until March time frame as from what I read the do all the other BG checks (more thorough) prior to the interview and if all is good they issue you the GE or approve you right there at the interview if all goes well.  Correct?  Just using the TSA Pre as a stop gap for this upcoming trip and possibly another one prior to GE as have a few cards that reimburse for TSA/GE fees. 

Never heard about change coming up Jan 22nd for certain states that is strange...  I assume Tenn will be good as getting a DL down here was a PITA they made you bring in certified birth certificate along with SS card etc.  Although I certainly could be wrong.  Needless to say will be getting a passport process started sometime in Dec and probably get it before end of december although the holidays certainly do slow down things

Only thing I am a bit worried about on the GE is a dui from about 20 years ago, but heard as long as honest and nothing in the last 10 years and you disclose it all you are good to go.  Have had security clearance as well 10 years ago and the DUI didn't cause me an issue thus doubt it would for GE either, but stranger things have happened

TN DLs are listed as compliant, so that's good.

GE interviews are mostly at airports, but not entirely. Mine was near the Long Beach, CA seaport. Some land crossings to Canada and Mexico offer interviews.

Lots of people get approved at the interview or later that day, but sometimes it takes longer.

Three people on FT tried walking in at BNA, all in 2016. Only one got an interview.

People have been turned down for vague reasons and a common factor seems to be old criminal records (which, as you say, shouldn't be a factor). Again, check FT for details. There's a "Trusted Travelers" forum. Shoplifting as a teen in one case...even saying the word "hash" to a customs agent years ago (in reference to a brand of jeans being brought back into the USA) which lead to a full (fruitless) drug search and no charges, but still some note that posed a problem for the traveler when applying years later.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC ... surprised they did not execute that arrest warrant on you for busting too many banks chops!!! Smiley Happy After reading other posts here ... we could certainly accompany you and vouch for your character and that being from Nashville TN you are an important person in the entertainment industry and not to mess with you!

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

CC ... surprised they did not execute that arrest warrant on you for busting too many banks chops!!! Smiley Happy After reading other posts here ... we could certainly accompany you and vouch for your character and that being from Nashville TN you are an important person in the entertainment industry and not to mess with you!

lol.. only crime i do is go after sign-up bonuses and the DUI from 20 years agoSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.