cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target EMV Mastercard or Store Card is Here??

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Target EMV Mastercard or Store Card is Here??

I have been trying to log into both my Target Visa and store card. The website was down. I went to the Target Red Card websites. They changed the looks of the website. Now, they have a link to activate Target EMV Mastercard and the store card. It may be here already.

Here is the screenshot:

Target : REDcard.png

Ron.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Target EMV Mastercard or Store Card is Here??

The account online is still down. They might be upgrading the system.

System Unavailable

Manage My REDcard is currently unavailable due to routine site maintenance. Please check back later. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Target Card Services at 1-800-394-1829.

Message 2 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

Card Activation page looks different.

https://rcam.target.com/ActivateCard.aspx

The card agreement shows the EMV.

https://redcard.target.com/ic/content/rc_icw_rates_and_fees

Ron.

Message 3 of 25
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I don't really see any easily identifiable changes when I sign in, yeah the site is back up. 

I did notice they have changed the Visa to MC on the Target shopping site and it states that no new applications are being taken for the Target MC, just as it used to say for the Visa card.  I wonder if they are simply replacing the current Visa cards with MC?

I find this Visa to MC switch interesting for two related reasons.  First, TD bank doesn't issue MC accounts for their credit customers.  Second, if TD is doing the processing and they only issue Visa products, I think it is odd that the Target cards will have MC chips. 

I wonder if in the future Target or TD will be opening up the MC accounts to new or current cardholders?  I don't know if I personally want a Target MC, not with such a low limit anyway.  I also don't know what the benefit would be other than the 5% at Target.  (5% at Target and 1% everywhere else?  Still wouldn't need a MC from them if that were the case.)  I just wonder, because I know some might be interested in having a co-branded card, when I first got my Target card I might have been interested in it, but now the only benefit I get is the Target discount.  (I'd rather have a Meijer MC at this point.)

I hope while they are updating their website the next time, that they update my credit limit! 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Even if they had a MC its doubtful it would offer any benefit over the normal debit or credit redcard. Maybe 1 percent elsewhere but probably not even that as the 5 percent is deducted instantly its not saved to your account or anything.
Message 5 of 25
NRB525
Super Contributor

This is interestnig. Is the new Target credit card a Chip and PIN card rather than Chip and Signature only? That would make it one of the few in the US to do so.

Chip and PIN Target.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

This is interestnig. Is the new Target credit card a Chip and PIN card rather than Chip and Signature only? That would make it one of the few in the US to do so.

Chip and PIN Target.JPG

It's a Chip and Sugnature with Pin option if needed

Message 7 of 25
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Chip and PIN Target.JPG

Looks like PIN at Target, and the new Target Only cards are Chip and PIN only.

Chip and PIN Target 2.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Chip and PIN Target.JPG

Looks like PIN at Target, and the new Target Only cards are Chip and PIN only.

Chip and PIN Target 2.JPG

That's only at Target.  Target is one of the few retail establishments that have or are installing EMV readers. There are stilll only two true Chip and Pin cards in the U.S.  UNFCU and the defunct Diners Club cards which some of us have.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was at Target yesterday and had to use the chip in my card. Looks like they have turned on their system for Chip.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.