Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you on Congratulations posts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you on Congratulations posts?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I have an etiquette question for the credit card approvals section.

If someone posts congratulations on an approval, it would normally be good manners to say thank you.

But every time the OP says thank you, he or she is 'bumping' the thread, thereby keeping it alive without anything new of substance.

What is the right way to go on that? Say thank you, or not say thank you?

SJ, I usually respond back with a "thank you"! We all like to know that our posts are appreciated, and it doesn't really matter how large the thread becomes. It will eventually find its way out to the pasture! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would prefer it if OP posts on Congratathon threads did not bump the post to the top. Only new replies from other users.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some congratulations filled threads have been filled with data points I needed but would have missed if people had not said thank you/ congrats and kept it alive a few days..... I try to wait 2 days then say thank you... Then I worry that since I post at random hours people who want the pertinent data in my post won't find it.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally I would prefer it if OP posts on Congratathon threads did not bump the post to the top. Only new replies from other users.

That would be a nice forum setting but I doubt it's within the capabilities of the Lithium software.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be a nice forum setting but I doubt it's within the capabilities of the Lithium software.

It may be a good idea to put in a feature request for this with Lithium software. I imagine other Lithium clients would also benefit from having that capability

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I have an etiquette question for the credit card approvals section.

If someone posts congratulations on an approval, it would normally be good manners to say thank you.

But every time the OP says thank you, he or she is 'bumping' the thread, thereby keeping it alive without anything new of substance.

What is the right way to go on that? Say thank you, or not say thank you?

I kudos.

But in this case southie, thank you.

Thank you for starting this post and asking the question.

Thank you!

Message 17 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I cant read your post....have no idea what it says, I ne...

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my opinion, which nobody probably cares about, it shouldn't matter whether or not you post to say thank you. I've been taught to say thank you to someone who is complimenting me therefore I try to say it as much as I can. We're a part of a forum that consist of millions of posts. So what if a thread stays bumped due to thank you posts. That reassures me that the people I am taking advice from know how to be humans! We need more good humans in the world.

I cant read  your post....have no idea what it says, I need to blow it up to 300%...lol

Sorry, I forgot to change the font size. Smiley Happy

THATS WAAAAYYYY BETTER...THX Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.