Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Waiting Game

tag
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

The Waiting Game

I am... upset.

I applied for the Amex Blue Business Plus and somehow my wife's AU (employee) arrived first; within 3 days actually. I thought that was strange since I'm the main account holder and I had been waiting about 9 days. I would've expected them to arrive at the same time if not mine first. So I called Amex yesterday (Thursday) and asked what the hold up was. The representative invalidated the card for security measures and sent out a replacement card made to arive on Monday by UPS.

I opened my mailbox today (Friday) and there it was: the originaly sent card. Called Amex immediately. Of course, they said it's invalidated and I'll have to wait for the replacement.

Please tell me. I can't be the only person this has happend to.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Waiting Game

That's really unfortunate yikes

Message 2 of 3
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: The Waiting Game

@Zolomon wrote:

I am... upset.

I applied for the Amex Blue Business Plus and somehow my wife's AU (employee) arrived first; within 3 days actually. I thought that was strange since I'm the main account holder and I had been waiting about 9 days. I would've expected them to arrive at the same time if not mine first. So I called Amex yesterday (Thursday) and asked what the hold up was. The representative invalidated the card for security measures and sent out a replacement card made to arive on Monday by UPS.

I opened my mailbox today (Friday) and there it was: the originaly sent card. Called Amex immediately. Of course, they said it's invalidated and I'll have to wait for the replacement.

Please tell me. I can't be the only person this has happend to.

I have never had a business card or allowed AUs on my accounts, but my one and only AmEx card took just over 2 weeks to get to me. In my case, it was because they insisted on shipping it overnight UPS while I was out of town, which meant the card got returned to them after failed delivery attempts.

I asked them to send a replacement via USPS so it could be left in my mailbox, but they have a 10-day waiting period on replacement cards, so I had to wait until the account was open for 10 days and then request a replacement. Again, they didn't want to ship it the old-fashioned way and insisted on wasting money on overnight UPS (seriously, this is NOT a good thing).

I told them if they shipped it that way again it would just get returned again as I was still not at home and available to receive a package. They then asked to ship it to my hotel, but required extra verification for that. At least they did the legwork to get it from the hotel, and after two weeks I finally got the card at the hotel's front desk.

They could have shippped the first card USPS and paid next to nothing and I would have received the card in the weekend I was home between trips, but no, they wanted to pay UPS overnight twice instead, which also invalidated my digital card number I had been using. I just hope there wasn't anything in any welcome package that I needed for later because I'll never see it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.