cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things that are actually worth the money...

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Things that are actually worth the money...

@Shogun wrote:

Oh,,  I want my own airplane.  Maybe a Cessna 210 or a Cherokee....   Smiley Happy 

Wife says no... Smiley Sad

Get a model airplane!  Or one of those remote controlled ones. 

Message 11 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

This might sound silly, but I really like Tommy Bahama shirts.  Not the garish neon ones with the parrots and jungle scenes, but the dark solid color button and tees.  I'm a big guy and they seem to fit me better.  Plus they're well made, look good, and are machine washable.  Luckily, I'm not too far from an outlet mall that has a heavily discounted TB store.  Score.

I'm 6'3 and about 220 lbs... For most brands extra large is tight on my chest and shoulders, and 2x is like a dang poncho.  Ridiculous.  The TB stuff fits my upper body without looking like a maternity shirt.  And their jeans fit well too.

Same thing with shoes.  I'm a 12.5 in most brands, but no one makes shoes in half sizes over 12.  Why?  Who knows.  So I am always half tight or a half loose.  Except Merrill makes a shoe with a waterproof liner that runs a half size tight and just happens to fit me perfect.  After a lifetime of ill-fitting shoes, I had no idea how different it could be.  Well worth the money, and they have an outlet store in the same mall.

I'm with you on the watches too...  I like the mechanical ones, but I often wear a titanium solar one that I've had for a long time.  I have some oddball stuff too that I rarely wear, like the Acutron Tuning Fork watch.

Unfortunately, Macy's stopped carrying the boxerbriefs that I like and replaced them with a store brand that is tight in the crotch, short in the legs, and doesn't breathe.  Pretty much as bad as tighty whiteys.  Suggestions welcome.  :-D

Message 12 of 37
demi
Established Contributor

Pillow in my guestroom....."Whoever says money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop"

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

@demi wrote:

Pillow in my guestroom....."Whoever says money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop"

Money can't buy happiness, but it can dang sure rent it.

Message 14 of 37
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

A good, super distilled vodka.

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 15 of 37
liesierre
Regular Contributor

I collect limited edition high-end makeup... so that's my answer.

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 16 of 37
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

You all just made me realize I spend nothing on myself, and most all goes to my old lady, and daughter. 

At least they buy me socks/undies during Christmas.Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

You all just made me realize I spend nothing on myself, and most all goes to my old lady, and daughter. 

At least they buy me socks/undies during Christmas.Smiley Wink

Isn't that so true.  I very rarely buy myself anything.  It is almost always for others.

Message 18 of 37
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Going shopping for myself... (imagine the guy holding the purse, looking lost). Can't do it alone. Hate shopping.
Message 19 of 37
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Oh,,  I want my own airplane.  Maybe a Cessna 210 or a Cherokee....   Smiley Happy 

Wife says no... Smiley Sad

I have thought about buying a plane too. Just the extra costs add up too fast Smiley Sad fuel, maintence, ect.

I randomly get on kicks and pour lots of money into things for awhile. Silver coins was one kick that lasted about a month. Was a fun month. Maxed all my credit for it. At the time I only had about $10k in limits, so that was good. If I did it now, it would be difficult to PIF at the end of the month. This month I bought a car, so that has hammpered my spending for awhile while I pay it off. Although, I am having to meet some minimum spending for sign up bonus's. So, still some charging going on.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.