cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum is made to make us feel guilty.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This forum is made to make us feel guilty.

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally, I've arrived at an age where I don't really care. About anything. Smiley Wink

ugh!! I went to go "kudo" this, and then I realized I was in the gas chamber Smiley Sad LOL

LOL Pizza, yes it's annoying how this forum doesn't have a kudo button Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

To those that stated this forum helped(s) them, I totally agree! I have found so much helpful information too! But, with every good thing there are some not so good feelings some people get by being on here. Definitely when you have to stay off the forum so you don't get tempted to app for your 50th card.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally, I've arrived at an age where I don't really care. About anything. Smiley Wink

+ 1 trillion

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Life teaches you that opinions are like..., everyone has one. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ugh!! I went to go "kudo" this, and then I realized I was in the gas chamber Smiley Sad LOL

Me too pizza. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am certainly not here out of guilt... I found my way here when I was trying to get myself prepared for a mortgage. After all of the help I received I owe it to pass what people here have taught me. I have a nice lineup of cards I never thought I would have, an alarmingly good idea of how my actions will affect my credit score down the road and plenty of free time to help some people to build or rebuild. Without some of the wonderful people who provided some fantastic advice I would still be paying more in rent than I am to own, paying cash and getting no rewards on my purchases.

I do get that there are lots of people that get addicted to the feeling of new approvals, and live or die by the 6 points their scores go up or down, but I think you overestimate how many people feel guilty. Hell if you feel guilty about an inquiry you should probably be sainted, if that's the thing makingyou feel guilt you have lived one heck of a clean life Smiley Happy

Well said!Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new 'round here, but I actually thought this forum was made so we could swap potentially useful info with each other and perhaps also find community in that. My take on it so far is it's suceeding! Maybe I'm just not all that into the whole guilt thing?

It is, but you will eventually read what the OP is talking about. It may roll off your shoulders as it does mine, but you will notice it. Keep reading.

Message 27 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

None of this is personal,  Denials are shrugged off by many of us.  This attitude will come over time.  We are not the normal customers of lenders and most of the time we walk the fine line of what is acceptable with our current profile (at that time) so denials are part of the game. My profile does not measure my self worth...  It donates where i am on my journey.

I Don't sweat the small stuff as I may miss out on experiences in other areas of my life.

I agree. But I don't feel bad if denied.  Move on. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah at this point a denial just means someone else gets my business. Smiley Happy BofA denied me a rewards card, but NFCU gave it to me. With 2 car loans and now 2 credit cards with NFCU, I am thinking of moving my savings over from BofA. Bye, Felicia!

Message 29 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Life teaches you that opinions are like..., everyone has one. Smiley Happy

Right, opinions are like weather, just ingore it and go where you need to go.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.