Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To All Of Our Frozen Friends In The Mid West

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

To All Of Our Frozen Friends In The Mid West

iced in.gif

My prayers for all of you to stay warm & safe!!

Stay inside if you can...

Sending you all wishes for a speedy warming of the weather!!

Take care!! 000Angel.gif

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: To All Of Our Frozen Friends In The Mid West

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

iced in.gif

My prayers for all of you to stay warm & safe!!

Stay inside if you can...

Sending you all wishes for a speedy warming of the weather!!

Take care!! 000Angel.gif

Hey @Pikaboo-icu , thank you - we're frozen alright.  Granted the windchill down here is -26F, other parts further up north are getting much more severe windchill factors.  It gives the feeling of being somewhere in Siberia!

Message 2 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Hey @Pikaboo-icu , thank you - we're frozen alright.  Granted the windchill down here is -26F, other parts further up north are getting much more severe windchill factors.  It gives the feeling of being somewhere in Siberia!

Oh my stars!  cantbelieveeyes.gif

I don't think I've ever been in weather that cold before.

We have some cold, snowy winters in in WA State but the coldest I recall was a wind chill in the 20's.

I think my heat pump would say; "forget it, girl, I'm out" LOL

I hope it warms up FAST!!

Stay Warm & Safe!

Message 3 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yes, thoughts and prayers for all of you in the frozen tundra of the midwest.

I grew up in the Columbus OH area and as soon as I graduated high school I took Mr. Greeley's advice and headed west. I spent a winter in Craig CO, in January we had 2 weeks where the high for the day was -6 or so and a low in the -20s. I promptly decided further west might be a good idea and moved to San Diego. . .

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful blue skies and the sun is shining here in SW PA....

....it's also about -4 with a -21 wind chill.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah ... love the outback (near the Superior National Forest) where the morning temp was -39 degrees F. My old standby mercury thermometer was all I could read. The electronic version which I had just serviced (new battery) and updated quit working at -24 F ... got'ta love the outback!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 9
ISawIt
Established Member

Thank you for your 'warm' wishes . . . It's actually warming up. It's -3 Now!Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a heat wave today of 29 outside... but earlier this week OMG the high was -12 with a -51 windchill.

On a happy note, I got an extended 5 days off from school Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I woke up Wednesday morning to an air temperature of -26 with a windchill of -48.  Currently it is 42 and raining.  The whole state of WI will turn into a skating rink as soon as the temp drops again.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.