cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To all of those who will be affected by the upcoming East coast storm...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To all of those who will be affected by the upcoming East coast storm...

First and foremost, be safe! Now to the important bit...

As the snow barracades us indoors for the weekend, it's important to not let boredom or cabin fever get the best of us. Stick to your resolutions and goals and DO NOT HIT THAT SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

Be strong, fellow MyFICOers!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To all of those who will be affected by the upcoming East coast storm...

@Anonymous wrote:

As the snow barracades us indoors for the weekend, it's important to not let boredom or cabin fever get the best of us. Stick to your resolutions and goals and DO NOT HIT THAT SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

I needed to hear this! 

Message 2 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, no, no!

The myFICO way is to stock up on alcohol and when you've reached the blackout stage, it's time for an app spree.

It's always fun the next few weeks to look at your inquiries, denials, and new accounts that pop up on Credit Karma.  Keeps it interesting.

Gardening = Weakness

Message 3 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, no, no!

The myFICO way is to stock up on alcohol and when you've reached the blackout stage, it's time for an app spree.

It's always fun the next few weeks to look at your inquiries, denials, and new accounts that pop up on Credit Karma.  Keeps it interesting.

Gardening = Weakness

+1

Cabinet full of Cap Morgans White? check

uhhhhh

nothing else needed

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm right in the 24-30 inch band outside DC with potential for more. I've done everything possible to get ready including stocking up on Macalian.  Is it illegal to operate a snowblower while intoxicated? Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish80, I am in the same band. We already have about 20 inches, if not more. I am staying the the house until Monday morning when I hopefully will go to work. No apping! Just eating junk food and being lazy. I also hope we don't lose electricity like so many around us have. I have no desire to use the fireplace. The smell of anything burning gives me a migraine. Thank goodness for generators!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irish80, I am in the same band. We already have about 20 inches, if not more. I am staying the the house until Monday morning when I hopefully will go to work. No apping! Just eating junk food and being lazy. I also hope we don't lose electricity like so many around us have. I have no desire to use the fireplace. The smell of anything burning gives me a migraine. Thank goodness for generators!

Yeah, very nasty storm.  Measured in my backyard and had 34 inches then with it still snowing.  So far I've been lucky with no power outages.  If we did, we would be very cold.  All electric and no generator and not that much firewood.  Hope yours stayed on as well.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ours did stay on, thank goodness. Never even lost cable or internet. Unfortunately thousands of other near us were not as lucky.

I am so grateful for my two Jeeps and the Rzr! I can still get out when so many others can't.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.