cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the Massachusetts business owner who paid off their $13250 Lending Club loan on Nov 5, 2021

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the Massachusetts business owner who paid off their $13250 Lending Club loan on Nov 5, 2021

We don't know each other, but we've had a good ride together! Back in May of 2018 your finances weren't in great shape, that ~660 credit score implies you were having a bit of a rough time, and you needed to refinance your credit cards so you turned to Lending Club for a loan. I know that $411.19 monthly payment wasn't always easy, there were a couple of times you only made a partial payment, and you had to defer your payments through COVID--but you made it! You always caught back up on your payments, and today, Nov 5th, 2021, you have finally paid off your loan. Great job! I see things are turning around for you, with that credit score now closing on 720. You must be feeling pretty good right now, and you deserve to feel good--congratulations on getting your financial affairs back in order!

I was one of the 363 people who invested in you back then, through the Lending Club platform. It was new to me in those days, and I was excited about the prospect of being able to get involved in lending directly to folks like you, through peer to peer lending. I moved over my Individual Retirement Account and invested it into many different loans, including yours. Alas, it didn't work out as well as I had hoped, Lending Club has terminated the peer to peer lending system, so I am exiting the platform.

In fact, yours was the very last loan I still had outstanding on the platform, and today I got the 44 cents that was my share of your final payment, and the last loan payment I will receive. I am sure you were glad to make that final payment, and I am glad to receive it!

As of today, we're both done with Lending Club. Thanks for being a great borrower! So sad we won't be able to do this again.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: To the Massachusetts business owner who paid off their $13250 Lending Club loan on Nov 5, 2021

@Anonymous wrote:
We don't know each other, but we've had a good ride together! Back in May of 2018 your finances weren't in great shape, that ~660 credit score implies you were having a bit of a rough time, and you needed to refinance your credit cards so you turned to Lending Club for a loan. I know that $411.19 monthly payment wasn't always easy, there were a couple of times you only made a partial payment, and you had to defer your payments through COVID--but you made it! You always caught back up on your payments, and today, Nov 5th, 2021, you have finally paid off your loan. Great job! I see things are turning around for you, with that credit score now closing on 720. You must be feeling pretty good right now, and you deserve to feel good--congratulations on getting your financial affairs back in order!

I was one of the 363 people who invested in you back then, through the Lending Club platform. It was new to me in those days, and I was excited about the prospect of being able to get involved in lending directly to folks like you, through peer to peer lending. I moved over my Individual Retirement Account and invested it into many different loans, including yours. Alas, it didn't work out as well as I had hoped, Lending Club has terminated the peer to peer lending system, so I am exiting the platform.

In fact, yours was the very last loan I still had outstanding on the platform, and today I got the 44 cents that was my share of your final payment, and the last loan payment I will receive. I am sure you were glad to make that final payment, and I am glad to receive it!

As of today, we're both done with Lending Club. Thanks for being a great borrower! So sad we won't be able to do this again.

You might find Mainvest interesting if you're into the direct lending to business aspect.

Message 2 of 4
Borealis
Regular Contributor

Re: To the Massachusetts business owner who paid off their $13250 Lending Club loan on Nov 5, 2021

@Anonymous wrote:

Heart This post is warm and fuzzy like an armful of kittens. Thanks for the moment of Zen! Heart

March 2021- FICO8: EXP 549 / TU 571
November 2023 - FICO8: EXP 794 / TU 795 / EQ 836

Message 3 of 4
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I do / did Lending Club too but I couldn't tell you a single thing about any of my hundreds of borrowers.  They are / were all just a bunch of $25 notes.  How do you know so much about one borrower?    

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.