Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told,"Ive been with Credit One for 7 years"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Told,"Ive been with Credit One for 7 years"

I'm dying.  I'm at the end of school.  Graduation in December.  Stupid Graphic Class I have to take to finish, we're asked to redesign junk mail.

Well, I chose Credit, freaking, One.  Why?  We know how much they spam.  I called them out as sketchy.  This was my mistake.

I get a reply from a fellow student how they've been with Credit One for SEVEN YEARS with no problem at all!

I can't even reply to that without setting a dumpster fire of regret ablaze for my Professor to call me out as a troublemaker.  You know, I'll let them think that Credit One is AMAZING for the past SEVEN years, I'm an aggressive idiot, and while they are presumably charged up the ying yang, I stock pile my rewards from other issuers.

Looking at you AmEx. We've got a good point system going together.

Seriously though, I'll admit I am not a fan of Credit One.  I truly feel there are better options out there than a company that uses the same typography as Capital One.  Rarely do stories come of decent reward programs, no annual fees, no payment fees, no card design fees, and more from Credit One.

I don't get it.

Go ahead Credit One supporters. Lay into me.  I give up. I refuse to do business with them. Ever.

Stressed out rant over. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Told,"Ive been with Credit One for 7 years"

7 years for Credit One.  That must be a record.  Can I sell this guy some swampland?  

Message 2 of 8
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

While I am still laboriously dealing with a CO and Collection with them (LVNV), I can actually be happy to say CreditOne won't extend me any credit!  Now there's a denial I don't mind seeing!!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite the story... I work with somebody who has a Cred1 card but at least he knows enough to call and get the AF waived. He's rebuilding and that's his oldest.

Message 4 of 8
nyancat
Established Contributor

It's also possible they have Capital One and don't know the difference?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:

Thats what I was thinking, the Discredit One logo is too confusing. I have been surprised Cap One hasnt defended their logo over it. Perhaps deep in the bowels of cap one they own some portion of it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One has been tied into for years the Sherman  Companies.  The Sherman Companies were in turn owned by a major Fortune 500 co. It was burried under several layers.  (They were ashamed to admit they owned it) So they sold it to management I believe about 10 years ago.   

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

Thats what I was thinking, the Discredit One logo is too confusing. I have been surprised Cap One hasnt defended their logo over it. Perhaps deep in the bowels of cap one they own some portion of it.

This made me literally lol thanks FiveSeven Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.