Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toys R Us filed Bankruptcy

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Toys R Us filed Bankruptcy

Those of you who are old enought to remember  Childrens Bargin Town they became Toys R Us.  I have fond memories of going to both as a kid.  Very sad.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

General Motors, Six Flags, Marvel, and others have gone through this, and now stronger than ever. Hold the card for now.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Royalbacon wrote:

Yup I remember, toysrus.com would redirect to Amazon.com and when you walked in the store they had a sign advertising their new website and it said something like "Affiliated with Amazon"

Whats a bigger blunder, that or Blockbuster not buying Netflix? Hindsight is 20/20

Target used to do the same thing... in the early 2000s I would shop on Amazon, then go to target.com to make the purchase - it was basically an overlay, and I could effectively use my Target credit card for Amazon purchases. 

I'm sure Target later seriously regretted the decision to leave Amazon in charge of their online presence (not to mention all that customer data).

IIRC Borders made a similar mistake - didn't they basically outsource their online bookstore to Amazon? I vaguely remember doing a few online purchases at Borders' site and being redirected to Amazon which processed the purchase.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.