cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Nursing and Tax Implications

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Travel Nursing and Tax Implications

I am seriously considering taking up travel nursing next year. One of my stumbling blocks to moving forward is the tax implications from travel nursing and trying to reap the legal benefits the federal tax code allows. 

Are any of myFICO members travel nurses that can give me some advice to move forward? I think that travel nursing would be a blast but not if I have to deal with major headaches dealing with the accounting and taxes that come with it. 

I suppose engaging a CPA would be the best bet unless someone has a better option or solution.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Established Member

Re: Travel Nursing and Tax Implications

Thinking of doing the same next year . Hawaii or Oregon ... maybe NYC or upstate for 3-6 months. Been wondering the same ....
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Travel Nursing and Tax Implications

Hello friend. I did the traveling gig for several years. It’s a blast, and highly recommend it. The pay is ridiculous, especially if you travel with a buddy splitting expenses. What specific questions do you have?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.