cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh, is it really necessary to copy the message in your reply??

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Ugh, is it really necessary to copy the message in your reply??

@sarge12 wrote:

Actually, I am just joking, 

Oh I know....thought it was funny.  You take careHeart

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@sarge12 wrote:

Actually, I am just joking, I am far from a drug seeker. I am disabled due to a damaged spinal cord, and at 1 time due to a pulmanary embolism I could not take asprin because I was on blood thinner. Since I could not take excedrin for pain, I was forced to take Norco 10, an opioid. He prescribed me 30 every 6 months, which was never enough. Now I am off the blood thinner and still get 30 Norco every 6 months, but so rarely take them that I have about 300 built up. I still can't make myself not get the prescription filled because I still remember needing them badly and not being able to get them. They have tested Hydrocodone that was more than 20 years old and they were still over 95% effective. I had rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. All these people abusing these drugs are making it harder for doctors to prescribe opioids, and harder for patients who need them to get them.

I went through this also for my disability. The only difference is I was cut off because another patient was caught abusing theirs. It's ridiculous. 

Message 12 of 17
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I don’t have a problem quoting the post people are replying to. Frankly I think it should be the default when we press “reply” because it clarifies things (how many times have we seen posts without context from those who don’t (know how to) quote).

What I don’t understand is why, when we reply and quote, must it include ALL the nested/previous replies and not just that one post you’re responding to. The result is such that if you’re viewing on your mobile, it’s literally one letter per line. It’s ridiculous and illegible. Surely someone can fix it.
Message 13 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tacpoly wrote:
I don’t have a problem quoting the post people are replying to. Frankly I think it should be the default when we press “reply” because it clarifies things (how many times have we seen posts without context from those who don’t (know how to) quote).

What I don’t understand is why, when we reply and quote, must it include ALL the nested/previous replies and not just that one post you’re responding to. The result is such that if you’re viewing on your mobile, it’s literally one letter per line. It’s ridiculous and illegible. Surely someone can fix it.

Because most of the time, people just want to participate without performing quote cleanup. 

If you are participating in conversation, you can remove nested quotes yourself. It's a piece of cake on laptop/pc

It's not so easy to do on mobile.  If you're on mobile, choosing desktop mode helps with easier viewing. 

Message 14 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@myscorerocks wrote:

I just read a post that was extremely long 

I told my Dr. one time that when I bent my knee it hurt.  You know what he said?  "Well don't bend it."  

I like the way you think, Laurachrissy

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 15 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tacpoly wrote:

Been using the mobile client more, couldn't even switch to desktop mode apparently and can't quote on it at all.  I promise you I know how to quote though Smiley Happy.

I agree there should be a better nesting bit, probably last 2 posts by default and the rest <snip>.  

        
Message 16 of 17
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@tacpoly wrote:

Because most of the time, people just want to participate without performing quote cleanup. 

If you are participating in conversation, you can remove nested quotes yourself. It's a piece of cake on laptop/pc

It's not so easy to do on mobile.  If you're on mobile, choosing desktop mode helps with easier viewing. 

The point is that there should be no need to do “quote cleanup”; the default should be to just quote the post you’re replying to (without all the other nested posts).

A lot of other forums manage to do it, so I assume it’s not difficult.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.