Did you mean: 

Uh-oh! E-mail from Synchrony!

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Uh-oh! E-mail from Synchrony!

I just received an e-mail from Synchrony whose subject is:

"Important information about your Synchrony Home™ Credit Account"

Uh-oh!!  I slowly started scrolling down the message, expecting to see that my account had been closed....

Nope!!!  It was just information on various things, such as how their promotional offers work, and which retailers accept the card, and so on.

Whew!! I thought for sure this was the start of a domino-effect shutdown of all my Synchrony cards! Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Uh-oh! E-mail from Synchrony!

FWIW -- SYNCB doesn't typically send any email correspondence on the Adverse Action closures. Only when you voluntarily close any accounts and request a confirmation letter via email. Otherwise, any AA notices are sent via USPS.

But, I can see how a generic subject line coming from SYNCB with the wording "Important information..." made your heart skip a beat (given what you've read around here)Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Uh-oh! E-mail from Synchrony!

@FinStar wrote:

FWIW -- SYNCB doesn't typically send any email correspondence on the Adverse Action closures. Only when you voluntarily close any accounts and request a confirmation letter via email. Otherwise, any AA notices are sent via USPS.

But, I can see how a generic subject line coming from SYNCB with the wording "Important information..." made your heart skip a beat (given what you've read around here)Smiley Very Happy

Exactly!! That was my ONLY thought when I saw the subject. Now, if I hadn't resumed hanging around here, that wouldn't have occurred to me at all. Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.