Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnionPay

tag
GhostCredit
Regular Contributor

UnionPay

Hey guys, I just got approved for the Union Pay prepaid card lol... I got it cause I heard credit cards can't be used in Russia and Unionpay works there but also of course China if I do go there and Taiwan.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pauldc73
Valued Member

Re: UnionPay

Did you go for the one from EastWest bank?

Message 2 of 6
GhostCredit
Regular Contributor

@pauldc73 wrote:

Did you go for the one from EastWest bank?

Yes I did, that's the only one available. There was another one from NY but I heard they shut down their service even to existing customers.

Message 3 of 6
LADave
Established Contributor

Since East West is an American  bank, would their UnionPay prepaid card work in Russia?

Message 4 of 6
GhostCredit
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry I wrote it so fast but it would work in Russia, US, Taiwan, China and wherever its accepted

Message 5 of 6
LADave
Established Contributor

@GhostCredit wrote:

I'm sorry I wrote it so fast but it would work in Russia, US, Taiwan, China and wherever its accepted

While Union Pay is accepted in Russia, U.S. banks like East West are supposedly prohibited from doing transactions there. I don't know if that means you can't use it there in practice.

I understand that it is possible to get prepaid cards while in Russia that work with the local MIR payment network.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.