Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United introduces new CC & seating !

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

United introduces new CC & seating !

So after watching the video of that poor man being forcably removed off the United flight....I'm appalled. They weren't "overbooked", they needed to have 4 open spots for employees. They should have continued to up the ante when people weren't volunteering to take a different flight.

I will never fly United.  The poor man was a Doctor for Christ sake, and kept saying over and over , he needed to be at the hospital the next morning.  I hope he  sues the *%##+% out them and ends up owning the company. 

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: United introduces new CC & seating !

@pizza1 wrote:

So after watching the video of that poor man being forcably removed off the United flight....I'm appalled. They weren't "overbooked", they needed to have 4 open spots for employees. They should have continued to up the ante when people weren't volunteering to take a different flight.

I will never fly United.  The poor man was a Doctor for Christ sake, and kept saying over and over , he needed to be at the hospital the next morning.  I hope he  sues the *%##+% out them and ends up owning the company. 

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

I agree... and I was actually considering the United card as a future prospect since Chase has been good to me, but Delta is starting to appeal to me more for some reason.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, he wouldn't win a case if he sued. Carriers have T+C that allow them to remove passengers for any reason. When they asked him to leave and he refused, they can say he is a flight risk to forcibly remove him.

Now should he have been removed? Absolutely not! If United needed those seats, the price should have kept going up until someone accepted. And since it was for employees, find other flights (that are later) for them. Since they oversold, it should be FILO (I'm in my seat, your employee isn't, guess who stays...). Or stop overselling. This and the Leggings issue (yes there was a dress code for the non-rev passenger, but they handled it poorly) make me want to avoid United. And American tends to be the pricest of the three internationally (fairly competitive domestically). So that leaves Delta for international and maybe domestic and Southwest for domestic (no bag fees add up to usually being cheaper).
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

pizza1 sure appreciate your bringing to the Myficoer's the newest in travel cards. WOW! Never knew you could have so much fun fighting for a seat ;(  Yes, your post definitely is in need of Kudos Smiley Happy For my part ... this is one of the best posts I have ever read anywhere!!!

Message 4 of 18
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Pizza1....Is that card under 5/24....I'd take a beating to get that card...but I'm over 5/24 I think.

EDIT>>> I wish we could give you kudo's for this Pizza1...So I added this to say kudos for this one Pizza1. They need to make kudos possible in smorgasboard.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card and noticed it wasn't reporting properly on any of the CRAs -- I never make payments EVER and it wasn't showing any lates so I disputed it and United EO called me up and told me to punch myself in the face 3 times.  So I did (bloody nose, chipped tooth) and now the CRAs are still showing incorrectly (no lates, no charge-off).  I'm also over my CL.

My question is should I call and ask for a CLD or will they give me one automatically at the 7 month mark?  I hit the "H8" button to request a CLD but instead they raised my CL by $50,000 again.

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 18
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

This made my day. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

United Airlines: Where you board as a doctor and leave as a patient!
Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 8 of 18
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Hey, I just saw where United has recieved a contract from the USA to forcibly remove Assad from Syria.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 9 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

I love the meme!

I will never fly United. I would take a Greyhound before I set foot on that airline.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.