Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture X PC still metal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture X PC still metal?

Was just curious if I PC'd my QS VS to the Venture X, would I receive a metal card? 

A couple years ago I PC'd one of my cards to the regular Venture and I didn't receive a metal version, like new applicants.  

I don't mind not getting the bonus since I am trying to not apply for anything because I may be buying a cabin.  I currently do not have a 2x card and can easily offset the AF with the benefits, however I don't want to feel like a second class customer and get a plastic version of the card, like I did before (hope that makes sense).

Thanks if anyone has done this before.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venture X PC still metal?

@Anonymous,

As these types of discussions are reserved for this section of the forums, I am tagging the following members to see if they can provide you with that info -- @Hex, @NoMoreE46, @sjt 

Message 2 of 6
Hex
Valued Contributor

I PC'd from the Venture Card to the Venture X the day it came out and I received a metal card. I've never heard anyone mention a plastic version of this card but I guess one could exist. This card has Capital One's highest annual fee so I think they are probably all metal. I called in to do the PC over the telephone. If you want the card just call in and ask them and then you'll know for sure. Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous,

As these types of discussions are reserved for this section of the forums, I am tagging the following members to see if they can provide you with that info -- @Hex, @NoMoreE46, @sjt 

My card is metal and it was an upgrade from Venture (which was plastic). Given that the Venture X is a "premium" "flagship" product, I believe the card will always be a metal card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 6
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

My Venture was metal and the X is metal. My Savor is also metal.  

@sjt wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous,

My card is metal and it was an upgrade from Venture (which was plastic). Given that the Venture X is a "premium" "flagship" product, I believe the card will always be a metal card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.