Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Visa Metal?

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

Verizon Visa Metal?

So I finally got my Verizon Visa in the mail...I got it bc I am both a Fios and Verizon Wireless customer, so I would've gotten it regardless, but searching online for a black metal credit card (DW said the Verizon card would look great if it was metal Smiley Very Happy), I kept coming across pages saying that the Verizon Visa is metal.

Maybe it used to be, maybe the Signature version is metal, but mine is definitely plastic. Was wondering if anyone here can verify whether their Verizon Visa is metal or plastic. Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Visa Metal?

Yep, I applied the day it was announced and my card is in fact metal. Was surprised when I got it.
Message 2 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@difringe wrote:

So I finally got my Verizon Visa in the mail...I got it bc I am both a Fios and Verizon Wireless customer, so I would've gotten it regardless, but searching online for a black metal credit card (DW said the Verizon card would look great if it was metal Smiley Very Happy), I kept coming across pages saying that the Verizon Visa is metal.

Maybe it used to be, maybe the Signature version is metal, but mine is definitely plastic. Was wondering if anyone here can verify whether their Verizon Visa is metal or plastic. Thanks!

AFAIK, the Visa Signature version is/was metal. I received the metal version when I was approved last year.  Although, I've read reports that any subsequent card replacements may be issued as plastic. Others can confirm if that's the case.

Message 3 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep, I applied the day it was announced and my card is in fact metal. Was surprised when I got it.

The question, though, is yours the Visa Signature or Platinum version @Anonymous?

Message 4 of 19
bigseegar
Established Contributor

My Verizon Signature Visa card is metal and came UPS Overnight in very nice packaging as well.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The question, though, is yours the Visa Signature or Platinum version @Anonymous?

Signature.

Message 6 of 19
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@difringe Same here. Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 7 of 19
difringe
Established Contributor

Ah, OK, makes sense. I'll revisit this once I've gotten my CLI to get this to signature status lol

Message 8 of 19
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Applied July 2020 received Visa - metal

ffwd to around early Spring 2021 my card was upgraded to Visa Signature- new cards were sent and they are metal as well.   

Message 9 of 19
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I recall the TV commercials and website mentioning it was metal when it launched. I believe they even used the phrase "worth its weight in rewards," or something to that effect. But some time after the launch that language was dropped from the website and people seemed to be getting plastic cards. Maybe early adopters will continue to get metal replacements, but I'm not sure new people will. It will be interesting to see if VS versions are officially metal when you get a CLI.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.