Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Visa Metal?

tag
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon Visa Metal?

Just a side note too. I was issued the Signature card right off the bat so I can't speak to the upgrade. But the Signature crad itself is a very cool metal card similar to the Apple and AmEx metal cards. Also comes in pakaging I had never seen before. I had to durn YouTube to see how to open it it was so fancy lol.

Message 11 of 19
jwgolub
Established Member

@bigseegar wrote:

Just a side note too. I was issued the Signature card right off the bat so I can't speak to the upgrade. But the Signature crad itself is a very cool metal card similar to the Apple and AmEx metal cards. Also comes in pakaging I had never seen before. I had to durn YouTube to see how to open it it was so fancy lol.

@bigseegar I heard the Signature was metal and pretty substantial at that. However, I also read in other forums and around the interwebs that Synchrony no longer issues the card in metal, it is now the same plastic as the Visa Platinum version. Perhaps @Metalcards can shed some light as their path to the Visa Signature seems to be the same as mine? 

Cards listed in order of approval date, newest to oldest:

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO Scores as of August 18 2023:

Message 12 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jwgolub + @bigseegar -- your posts have been merged into the appropriate thread above (in the Smorgasboard section) where topics regarding aesthetics or designs (of any card) are usually discussed.

Message 13 of 19
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@jwgolub wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@bigseegar I heard the Signature was metal and pretty substantial at that. However, I also read in other forums and around the interwebs that Synchrony no longer issues the card in metal, it is now the same plastic as the Visa Platinum version. Perhaps @Metalcards can shed some light as their path to the Visa Signature seems to be the same as mine? 

@jwgolubI just got mine in November and it was metal. What I've seen and heard that any replacement card, ie if you lose yours or whatever comes in plastic. 

Message 14 of 19
jwgolub
Established Member

@bigseegar wrote:

@jwgolub wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@jwgolubI just got mine in November and it was metal. What I've seen and heard that any replacement card, ie if you lose yours or whatever comes in plastic. 

@bigseegar Well that gives me some hope of getting the metal version then. I know when I PC to the Venture from the Quicksilver I was given a plastic version. After talking to CS rep I was told the metal Venture is only issued to new card members, not those who upgrade. I hope that is not the case for Synchrony, but I will just have to wait and see. I know Synchrony is not Capital One, but that is the only experience I have when PC from a card that is issued as plastic to one issued as metal. 

Cards listed in order of approval date, newest to oldest:

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO Scores as of August 18 2023:

Message 15 of 19
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

My original sl was $4500 (metal). I received an auto increase 2 months later of a $1000 bringing total cl to $5500. A week after that I received a brand new metal card with  the word "signature" added to visa. I was shocked they would send a new card for an increase of $1000 when the old card was still "new" without a scratch on it.

Message 16 of 19
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

my Verizon Visa started as a Signature card and it is metal. Hasn't seen the light of day since approval. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 17 of 19
Sebas101
Valued Member

I just got mine in the mail today and it is plastic.. I'm very confused... I looked it up on YouTube and the card looked very cool. I was a bit bummed to see that the packaging and card was nothing like what I saw online..

Message 18 of 19
gorgon
Established Contributor

My original Verizon card was metal. I lost it and the replacement they sent was plastic. After I asked for, and was approved for a CLI it put my CL over $5k which automatically triggered a Visa Signature upgrade. That card was metal. I dunno what they are doing..........

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.