Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallet recommendation for my credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wallet recommendation for my credit cards

I'm looking for a nice wallet under $100.

Tired of these $30-$40 wallets chewing up my cards.

Heres what I am looking for:

Bi-fold, atleast 6-8 card holders. FULL LEATHER.

My problem is that I can not find a FULL leather wallet. They all look leather on the surface but the in pocket seems are made of a fabric that chews up the cards.

What I am talking about is, if you dig your finger into one of the slots that holds a card, they need to be leather all the way through, on both sides. LEATHER EVERYWHERE.

Any recommendations? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Wallet recommendation for my credit cards

I suggest old school like my Grandfother did, fold your cash over your credit cards then put a rubberband around the cash.  His credit cards never had a mark on them, no friction, lol!

Fossil, iPhone 8 wallet I kill two birds w/ one stone and all leather.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

If you're open to getting a wallet in some funky color or leather texture, you might look at clearance online stuff from Coach. They have a few things under $100, though the selection improves if you go to $120 pretax or so. The same I expect is true for other manufacturers.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 12
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Yoder leather, was on my list for maybe my next wallet.

Have not ordered from them. Sounds like it is real leather lined.

Call and check. Let us know what they say.

Link is to hipster style, they have many others

https://www.yoderleather.com/collections/hipster-wallets

Message 4 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I went through the same thing not too long ago. I gave up. Ended up with a lacoste 3 slot billfold. Also picked up a matching 6 slot card holder that I keep in it.

Message 5 of 12
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Ashland Leather's Johnny the Fox in chromexel. I have one of their Fat Herbie's and it is a great quality wallet. I have had it for 3 years now with no complaints when cheapie wallets were lasting me a year or two. Made in Chicago with Horween leather. 

https://ashlandleather.com/collections/chromexcel/products/w-fox-cxl-natural

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coach maybe? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Have you tried Etsy? If you find the right maker, you can customize everything, down to the color of the stitch.

Message 8 of 12
Sloedough
Regular Contributor

I had the same problem. I got a Croft & Borrow from Kohls. The wallet is not leather everywhere, but the fabric they use doesn't chew up my cards.

I am very picky about my Amex Platinum and my CSR. They scratch easily. This wallet has kept them looking good.

Message 9 of 12
Sloedough
Regular Contributor

@redpat wrote:

I suggest old school like my Grandfother did, fold your cash over your credit cards then put a rubberband around the cash.  His credit cards never had a mark on them, no friction, lol!

Fossil, iPhone 8 wallet I kill two birds w/ one stone and all leather.

Funny, this is now called a minimalist wallet. I had a Wally Pull Tab that is very similar to this. I found out that CCs will chew up another CC the worst.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.