cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart + offer: $45 off next 3 orders ($15 off each) w/ free delivery or shipping incl groceries

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Walmart + offer: $45 off next 3 orders ($15 off each) w/ free delivery or shipping incl groceries

Is this a good deal for Walmart pickup, delivery, shipping ?

Or can I do better on Instacart, DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc ??

With Walmart+ I get free membership each month ($14) and free shipping/delivery:

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 9.15.36 AM.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart + offer: $45 off next 3 orders ($15 off each) w/ free delivery or shipping incl grocerie

I got a $50 off $100 coupon for Walmart and ended up paying about $105 for stuff Costco might have sold for $60. So overall I saved only like $5.

But Uber Eats is becoming fairly expensive. Prices often seem to be maybe 10%-15% higher than if you order directly from the restaurant. Then add in fees, whether you have a paid subscription or not. Then add in a tip. "30% off" coupons tend to only apply to delivery orders and the fees eat up most of that 30%.

But I have used the Walmart+ from my Schwab Platinum. Walmart.com had some N95s in stock and I bought some for extended relations who'd had trouble finding them.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 3
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart + offer: $45 off next 3 orders ($15 off each) w/ free delivery or shipping incl grocerie

@wasCB14 wrote:

I got a $50 off $100 coupon for Walmart and ended up paying about $105 for stuff Costco might have sold for $60. So overall I saved only like $5.

But Uber Eats is becoming fairly expensive. Prices often seem to be maybe 10%-15% higher than if you order directly from the restaurant. Then add in fees, whether you have a paid subscription or not. Then add in a tip. "30% off" coupons tend to only apply to delivery orders and the fees eat up most of that 30%.

But I have used the Walmart+ from my Schwab Platinum. Walmart.com had some N95s in stock and I bought some for extended relations who'd had trouble finding them.

Interesting!

I do shop at Costco, but the Walmart Supercenter pricing seems to be very competitive.

I tried out the Walmart+ coupon and got $15 off, but by the time the driver tip, bag fees are added - I saved about $9...

At least I got free delivery to my doorstep due to the Amex Plat benefit...

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 9.26.17 AM.png

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.