Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair WTH

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Wayfair WTH

I have been searching for tv stands and. Found a few nice ones. Trouble is they list one price and when you click on it , it's another price much higher very frustrating 😡😡😡This happened with several grrrrrr

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Wayfair WTH

RIP Wayfair?

Message 2 of 31
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I just tried it and found the same or a similar thing. They advertise a low price, but it only applies to one color or finish, and they often don't have that in stock. The colors/finishes they do have in stock are more expensive.

Some of these websites are weird. Last week I used a "10% off" coupon at Hayneedle that somehow brought my cart total from $924 to $311. I have the $311 in an email confirmation and used an Amex in case some dispute arises.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not familiar with Wayfair, but that doesn't sound right. Talk about bait and switch! Sorry this is happening! 😐

Message 4 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Wayfair WTH update

They have honored the lower price Smiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that! 👍

Message 6 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes very impressed I emailed  them both screenshots with different pricing they apologized and said they would honor the lower price and sent me a link to order through it.

Poor DH he will have to put it together 😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 31
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Glad to hear it went well.

@AllZero wrote:

RIP Wayfair?

It's possible. I recall reading a few years ago that the company attributed its lack of profitability to the bad economy and low home ownership among Millenials. But even now with improving demographics they still lose money.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes very impressed I emailed  them both screenshots with different pricing they apologized and said they would honor the lower price and sent me a link to order through it.

Poor DH he will have to put it together 😂😂😂

Hopefully, knowing you got it for the cheaper price will put DH at ease! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Glad to hear it went well.

@AllZero wrote:

RIP Wayfair?

It's possible. I recall reading a few years ago that the company attributed its lack of profitability to the bad economy and low home ownership among Millenials. But even now with improving demographics they still lose money.

They just let go about 3% of their workforce about 2 weeks ago.  Scaled up staffing to support an increase in sales that they didn't reach apparently.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.