wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Wayfair WTH

@coldfusion wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Glad to hear it went well.

@AllZero wrote:

RIP Wayfair?

It's possible. I recall reading a few years ago that the company attributed its lack of profitability to the bad economy and low home ownership among Millenials. But even now with improving demographics they still lose money.

They just let go about 3% of their workforce about 2 weeks ago.  Scaled up staffing to support an increase in sales that they didn't reach apparently.

I was surprised to see the company has a $7.5B market cap even now. It's not at all clear that growth will solve the problem of awful gross margins, and layoffs aren't very consistent with their anticipated sales growth. They have been growing sales, but it just so far has produced bigger losses.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honesty, Wyfair is a horrible company.

Beyond the nightmare I had trying to get a bed form them and having to threaten a chargeback to a refund processed correctly i would never deal with them again.

Also this https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wayfair-class-action-lawsuit-bernstein-liebhard-llp-announc...

Message 12 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honesty, Wyfair is a horrible company.

Beyond the nightmare I had trying to get a bed form them and having to threaten a chargeback to a refund processed correctly i would never deal with them again.

Also this https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wayfair-class-action-lawsuit-bernstein-liebhard-llp-announces-that-a-securities-class-action-lawsuit-has-been-filed-against-wayfair-inc--w-300777894.html

Well I am quite pleased with them. They honored the price which was 160.00 lower than the listed price.  It was delivered today and a very nice sturdy tv stand.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've run about $3300 through my card with them and have been very happy with what I bought and with the customer service. Maybe I was lucky?

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im a fan of Wayfair.....bought some accent tables a few years back that are reclaimed wood. LOVE THEM. They also have a warehouse here in TN, so shipping is super fast. 

Message 15 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

shipping is super fast. 

Too fast! Wish I had known they were so fast.  I bought a bunch of stuff on a late Thurs. (new tl- yipee) evening online shopping spree and planned on the packages arrivals during the following work week.  Well Saturday UPS and Fedex delivered on Saturday....to my DH....while I was out "shopping".Smiley Embarassed

(btw: usps screwed things up for my shopping-stealthiness by delivering on Sundays....dang!)  #busted

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I have been searching for tv stands and. Found a few nice ones.

Glad you got it all worked out, did Dh enjoy putting it together?Smiley HappySmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

I have my eye on a Wardrobe and a couple of bookcases.  

Message 17 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

I have been searching for tv stands and. Found a few nice ones.

Glad you got it all worked out, did Dh enjoy putting it together?Smiley HappySmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

I have my eye on a Wardrobe and a couple of bookcases.  

@GApeachy 

It was really easy to assemble and it looks soooo nice I am very pleased. It was a little smaller than we anticipated so the price they honored was great because the list price really wouldn't be worth it.  But it's sturdy and looks great

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 31
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

shipping is super fast. 

Too fast! Wish I had known they were so fast.  I bought a bunch of stuff on a late Thurs. (new tl- yipee) evening online shopping spree and planned on the packages arrivals during the following work week.  Well Saturday UPS and Fedex delivered on Saturday....to my DH....while I was out "shopping".Smiley Embarassed

(btw: usps screwed things up for my shopping-stealthiness by delivering on Sundays....dang!)  #busted

@GApeachy 

I have to be careful now with our darn Alexa, when I get stuff from amazon it sends a notification and it lights up a yellow ring, I have to remember to clear it out or he checks it. busted................................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 31
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Glad you like it and glad it was an easy assembly.  I put a Wardrobe in my cart, not until checkout did I notice the measurement was off from what the picture had me to believe was taller than myself.  Still searching.

I really like this card and the pymt options.  Do you like Overstock or is that redundant?  I've never shopped OS.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.