Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wedding Bands

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wedding Bands

Hey guys, just wanted to know if you guys are married, wanted to know where did you guys get your wedding bands or rings from? I'm a single guy btw lol.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Wedding Bands

I’ll let you know...if I...ever get married..... 

LOL I’m highly single, unless you count my great love for my dog. 

It seems like most of the people around these forums are married though, so you’ll get your answer.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Also unmarried male, and I only buy jewelry occasionally as a gift.

As a general comment on jewelry, I would sooner buy it at Costco than from a more specialized retailer that will spout the "it's important to trust your jeweler" line while also trying to convince me diamonds are rare or that resale value is high.

Very open to anything sentimental in her family, as well as estate sale or other second hand jewelry.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

It seems like most of the people around these forums are married though, so you’ll get your answer.

@pinkandgrey   Aw, I remember you! The one with the dog pandering for "Rueben's" ... Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to know if you guys are married, wanted to know where did you guys get your wedding bands or rings from? I'm a single guy btw lol.

Since you are in the "inquiry" mode, it is not to late to take off running Smiley Happy  Hope somebody with ideas gives you some thoughts on this ... been too long for me to help?

Message 5 of 23
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Purchased ours at zales. Has been great service over the years . They offered there store cc but turned that down. Another great thing that has been useful is they allow trade ins / to upgrade the original ring you purchased which we have used 3 times. Overall been great experience. Good luck bud on finding that perfect one.

Message 6 of 23
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@pinkandgrey   Aw, I remember you! The one with the dog pandering for "Rueben's" ... Smiley Happy

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love my Reub lolol I’ve called him my “doggy soulmate” in the past and I don’t regret it. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 23
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Fico82 wrote:
Purchased ours at zales. Has been great service over the years . They offered there store cc but turned that down. Another great thing that has been useful is they allow trade ins / to upgrade the original ring you purchased which we have used 3 times. Overall been great experience. Good luck bud on finding that perfect one.

We got our rings at Zales too.  It's a little known fact you can work them down on the price if their "Internet price" is lower.  I also busted out a coupon after the price agreement, and I got a really nice deal on my wife's ring.  I warned her ahead of time that I was going to do that, because you never know with women.  We have a lifetime warranty, and you can pretty much count on Zales being around for a while.  They replaced a small stone in it already for us.  

Message 8 of 23
calyx
Super Contributor

Not currently married, but when I did get married we went to a local jewelry place that was a tradition with my (former) spouse's family for matching bands.  We probably tried on 20 different ones before we found something we both agreed on.   

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 23
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Got mine from a chain jewelry store. Regret it - feel like I got ripped off. I could have bought the exact same thing for probably 20% of the cost, (or something 5x as nice and valuable, for the same cost) at BlueNile.

It was a dinky little .75 karat diamond in a white gold band, cost nearly $6,000. I really regret not shopping around, but I guess I didn't want to appear "cheap" or something. We ended up divorcing 4 years later, and she sold it for like $650.

So if there's a "next time", I'm definitely doing the Blue Nile thing.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.