Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel aesthetics... it's here

tag
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel aesthetics... it's here

First off just let me report that as soon as i activated the card, i called and asked for a bump. It was a soft and approved for 5K bringing it to $20000 @ 14.24 after 12 months. NOW....the  card looks really nice. There is some metal but feels light. Blood red with shine...IMG_1481.JPG

Added to Apple Pay and i can see this being a daily except for when 5% rotations kick in for chase and disco, Amex bcp for groceries, and Fidelity for 2% miscellaneous. The spend bonus will be met and paid in full after the third month which is really nice. 

IMG_1483.JPG

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel aesthetics... it's here

Seems like a great card...I would definitely jump on it, but can't really justify a need with what I've already got.  Sweet looking card though!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a disclaimer on digital wallets and mobile payment with Wells Fargo Propel.  When people use it, it remains to be seen how it will affect points earnings.  Offering isn’t enticing for me to switch from my other cards at this time although it is driving a lot of attention to this forum and gaining a ton of new subscribers.

Will wait to see if Wells Fargo makes this offering any better and how customer service and points accumulation go.  Too many issues with this card for me as of now.  The fact it is the only fee free metal card I know of does seem to upscale the existing Wells Fargo brand as previous Wells Fargo credit card offerings were lackluster.

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, just FYI... as mentioned in their T&C as well as the Propel mega thread:

WF states in their T&C:
"You may not earn bonus points for purchases made through third-party payment accounts, at online marketplaces, with retailers who submit purchases using a mobile/wireless card reader, or if you use a mobile or digital wallet."

May be a non-issue for you if you don't use the mobile wallet as much or for larger transactions, but in the event that some purchases do not earn the appropriate bonus based on those categories.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which would mean that Apple Pay purchases would only get 1 point, not the two additional bonus points.

A lot of people will find out they are losing out on rewards with this card as they do offer the 3% but make it more limiting as to what qualifies.  Wells Fargo does better with the CashWise on these transactions as you get an Apple Pay bonus in addition to the 1.5%.   

The 3% travel rewards on this seem restrictive.  It is unclear what really qualifies for the 3%.

Message 5 of 23
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Thanks for uploading a pic of the card. I've been wanting to see one.....although im sure the pic does no justice to how great it looks in person. 

Message 6 of 23
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Yup, I'm aware of the terms. I was the one who pointed it out in what is now i guess the master thread. I think we have to figure out what WF means by "may not". Is it will not or maybe not? As if there is no guarantee because of third party processing? Btw, the pics don't do the card justice. It looks a lot nicer in hand. I can't believe what a bunch of nerds we are taking pics of credit cards.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you are aware.  Everytime a new card comes out with high rewards promised, we see lots of posts.  We saw that with Barclays Arrival and Chase Sapphire as well as others.  

On the surface, if you understand restrictions, this offering can be good and is the first fee free metal card I have seen even if it was thinner than others.  But the Wells Fargo program seems to have redemption minimums as well.

Message 8 of 23
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on a very nice looking card! Might still be a “shady” bank though. Smiley Happy
Oh and some awesome FICOs you got there Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful. I like the idea SP for CLI.  This card is on my wish list now!!! Darn. LOL

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.