Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel

@MachoHombre wrote:

Yes, it has some metal.    The verbiage on the card states:  "This card contains metal, Do Not Shred"

IMO, the card is more substantial than a good plastic card, and it has a relatively good look and feel.   BUT (Again IMO) it is not as substantial in look feel as the Chase Saphire.   Maybe 80% as good, but better than the best plastic cards.    YMMV.

..as far as the mobile wallet dialogue, I don't think the fine print exclusions are sinister as some forum members have speculated.   My card plays well with Google Pay, have made a few proximity purchases with my phone ....when my first statement is available I'll check to see if all is great, i'm optimistic it will be.

@MachoHombre you don't even have to wait on your statement... once the transactions post, in the WF app click on your Go Far rewards account, then tap the 'three lines' in the upper-right hand corner; select 'My Rewards' then 'Account Activity/Orders' and it should show you the pending points. 

Note that for 3x categories you'll have two entries... one for 1x points and another for 2x 'Bonus' points.  It should also show you the exact date that pending points will become available. 

I agree that the language for mobile transactions was likely only cautionary and that in practice Apple/Samsung/Google Pay transactions will very likely earn points as expected.  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel

@UncleB wrote:

@MachoHombre wrote:

<snip> 

..as far as the mobile wallet dialogue, I don't think the fine print exclusions are sinister as some forum members have speculated.   My card plays well with Google Pay, have made a few proximity purchases with my phone ....when my first statement is available I'll check to see if all is great, i'm optimistic it will be.

@MachoHombre you don't even have to wait on your statement... once the transactions post, in the WF app click on your Go Far rewards account, then tap the 'three lines' in the upper-right hand corner; select 'My Rewards' then 'Account Activity/Orders' and it should show you the pending points. 

Note that for 3x categories you'll have two entries... one for 1x points and another for 2x 'Bonus' points.  It should also show you the exact date that pending points will become available. 

I agree that the language for mobile transactions was likely only cautionary and that in practice Apple/Samsung/Google Pay transactions will very likely earn points as expected.  Smiley Happy

Ah!,  I see what you mean, interesting how multiple line items for the same transaction to dispurse x3 points (as you described).   My GooglePay transactions have GoFar bonus points applied so I guess I can now start worrying about other sinister conspiracies LOL.    thanks for the note, so far enjoying the swipes on this card.

||
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.