Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Pet Peeves?

tag
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?

Posters (particularly Mods), who post "CONGRATS" in response to every single credit card approval.

I suspect they use a plugin (like InFormEnter) to artificially boost their contributor status - even though they rarely actually contribute anything substantial.

Message 21 of 43
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Mods have important things to take care of on myFICO forums that are not related to posters. This is why we have Community Leaders like myself who help and guide posters in the right direction. It is nice of them to send a "Congrats" makes the poster feel good that they are accomplishing something. I feel good when a MOD replies to my posts. They care. If they didn't this forum will not exist. We are all here to help one another and it makes me feel good that I can try to give the best advise I can to someone else.. Smiley Happy

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 22 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are already Mods.  They don't need to boost their contributor status.  Like me.Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

They are already Mods.  They don't need to boost their contributor status.  Like me.Smiley Wink

+1

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 24 of 43
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

Posters (particularly Mods), who post "CONGRATS" in response to every single credit card approval.

I suspect they use a plugin (like InFormEnter) to artificially boost their contributor status - even though they rarely actually contribute anything substantial.

With or without stats, I think they would still comment on approvals or success stories. They also comment on the Smorgasboard as well which does not count towards stat total.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Message 25 of 43
Open123
Super Contributor

Service people who expect and feel entitled to a 20% gratuity, i.e. cab driver who never leaves the car or has to help with luggage, ordering food to go.

Number one is tip jars everywhere.  Once upon a time, this would be so frowned upon no one would be caugh dead with a Tip Jar.  Unbelievable.

Message 26 of 43
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

As Forum Administrator, I feel I need to do my part and say "CONGRATS" more.

Message 27 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Mike_C wrote:

Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 28 of 43
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

• People who stand in front of an elevator, and try to enter as people are exiting. It's rude and makes no sense.
  • People who take forever to get on an escalator - they stand and watch the steps, waiting...for??? Just step on it. The steps move, and when you extend your foot, a step will usually be there for your foot to land on. You won't get sucked under. I promise. Note: Elderly people are excluded.
  • People who ask me, 'What other stores carry this line", or  "Do you think I should look at *insert competing store*?  Now, why would you expect me to supply you with a list of my competitors? Why would you ask me if I think you should buy from ANOTHER store? Really?
  • People who take forever to order at McDonald's. The menu is the same today as it was...yesterday...and the day before. Stop taking 10 minutes, during busy lunch hour times, studying the menu. What were you doing, when you were at the end of the line? Oh yeah...texting.  Big Mac ? Quarter Pounder? Nuggets? There's no Chateaubriand, so.....

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 29 of 43
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Mike_C wrote:

Well, It looks like we've struck a nerve with this bunch -

Apparently posting "Congrats!" on every thread is a good way to advance to "Valued Contributor" status.

This should be made one of the many, many, many "stickies" on the credit cards forum...Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.