cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your goal cards/trash bin cards for 2019?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your goal cards/trash bin cards for 2019?

My goals are simple:

Put a bullet in the POS Indigo and it’s permanent $300 limit plus annual fee.

Get the Amex BCE

CLIs on the Hilton Honors and Delta Gold cards, and hopefully get some CLI luv from Disco.
Message 11 of 43
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

I did look at the Diamond Preferred but I thought I read somewhere that Citi may not have that card available sometime this year. What I saw could be wrong, so I'll keep that card in mind, especially if I have a chance to for a higher starting CL than the Simplicity.

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to jump to an early start on my 2019 Goals. Already at a 66.67% completion 😂

My 2019 goals were:

1. Capital One Savor: Approved 1/31. $5K SL. 
  2. Navy Cash Rewards: 91/3 CLI. Approved 2/14. From $500 to $15,000.
  3. AMEX Platinum: Awaiting Offer! Need this one for an enormous amount of travel due to new client relationships. Hoping to have it in the wallet before May. 

Aging accounts for the remainder of the year. Requesting some SP CLIs from Synchrony and Disco. Next planned app Jan 2020 when I go for Amazon Store. 

Message 13 of 43
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was able to jump to an early start on my 2019 Goals. Already at a 66.67% completion 😂

My 2019 goals were:

3. AMEX Platinum: Awaiting Offer! Need this one for an enormous amount of travel due to new client relationships. Hoping you have it in the wallet before May. 

Aging accounts for the remainder of the year. Requesting some SP CLIs from Synchrony and Disco. Next planned app Jan 2020 when I go for Amazon Store. 

Assuming holding out on 100k offer on the Plat?

Message 14 of 43
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Goal cards:  none

Trash bin cards:  none

If Chase would refresh the CSP into something other than a junior version of the CSR, I might be interested in it.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My 2019 goals were:

3. AMEX Platinum: Awaiting Offer! Need this one for an enormous amount of travel due to new client relationships. Hoping you have it in the wallet before May. 

Beginning June 1 - Thanksgiving, I will be traveling both domestically and internationally on average 14 days a month. The 100K offer would be dreamy. However, I'm only seeing 60K offers floated at the moment. I wondered if the 100K was profile based? 

Message 16 of 43
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My 2019 goals were:

Beginning June 1 - Thanksgiving, I will be traveling both domestically and internationally on average 14 days a month. The 100K offer would be dreamy. However, I'm only seeing 60K offers floated at the moment. I wondered if the 100K was profile based? 

Honestly, aside from the cardmatch trick it's YMMV. Might get an occasional mailer sent out but it's not easy to get. I checked just now and if you have a friend or family member who already has an AMEX the current referral offer is 75k/$5k/3 months. You can look into that as an option if the 100k offer doesn't present itself when you're ready to apply for the card.

Editing post to note I don't know how long that increased offer will be there but again an option if it sticks around long enough.

Message 17 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@marcforza1 wrote:

I went back and accessed the current cards that I've had for the past two years as well as looking at new cards that I have my eyes set on for this summer. My main goal is to have all my cards paid down to less than 5% util by July by making double payments like I've been doing last month. At least by then or even August, I can check my scores again and try to app for at least one or two cards once I feel brave enough to go for it. Here's what I'm looking into getting and also possibly upgrading/closing. 

Definitely want:

Cap1 Savor One- I've been interested in this card for months! The categories that they have for the 3% and 2% are stuff that I do every week. Hoping that in the summer Cap1 will offer a PC from my QS card (my 3rd oldest card) once I move the CL from the QS1 to it. If not, there's always a chance of looking for preapprovals for it. 

Citi Simpliticy-  Since I have a pretty high balance on the Chase FU, I plan to move 30-40% of it to a BT card to pay that portion off within 10 months and then move whatever is left on the card to it again to pay it unless I have the FU paid off before then. 

HSBC Gold- Another balance card that I'm looking at in case I'm not able to get the Simplicity by August. Not sure how easy/difficult it would be to get this card with scores in the mid-upper 600s by that time. 

Interested:

Citi Rewards- Could benefit from the rewards points but it might be overkill with what the Savor One offers. 

Chase or Amex Marriott Bonvoy- I do travel a few times a year for bowling tournaments and vacation. Other than Airbnb, I do enjoy staying at Mariott hotels. 

Amex Hiltons Honors- I really like the rewards/points that they offer but my wife doesn't care for staying at the Hiltons. 

Chase CSP- Only way I would get this card is if I get the green checkmark on my Chase account. Would be a good combo with the FU. 

Trash bin: 

Chase Slate: It pretty much did the job for me as a BT. Will move the CL to the FU around the end of the year for a better chance to do a CLI and get the CSP. 

Cap1 QS1: Since I upgraded from the Platinum to the QS and got my goal set on the Savor One, I can just move the CL to the QS and close it.

So what cards are looking forward to getting this year?  

Goal card: Chase Ink Business Preferred

Trash heap: Alliant CU platinum non-rewards card with balance transfer fee, cash advance fee, and high interest.

Bank of America platinum non-rewards card with balance transfer fee and cash advance fee.

TD Bank Business Solutions: a business credit card which reports to personal credit

Recently trashed: Langley FCU platinum non-rewards card when it added balance transfer fee and cash advance fee

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already headstarted on my goals as well. Got a targeted offer for 60k SUB on the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Approved in the first week of January, and completed the spend requirement within the month. (I put all the costs of a vacation to Miami on my card and later split the charges with my friends).

Immediately after, I received another targeted offer at the end of January for a $300 SUB on the CFU. Applied in the first week of February and got approved. Already finished up with that spend, as well.

That’s about as far as I’d go for apps. I gardened on 3 cards for 3 years, until I got the BCE in Dec 2018. 3 cards in a 3 month timespan is a bit much. I mostly just wanted to cash in on the juicy SUBs.

For now, I really only have my eyes set on the Wells Fargo Propel and the Amex Gold. May or may not get the Gold but it depends on the SUB (hopefully a targeted offer).

I’m also hoping to PC my Quicksilver to a SavorOne because my CFU rendered it obsolete (setting up towards a Chase Trifecta for the future). I plan to downgrade the CSP after year one to a Freedom. The CSR will be the goal for 2020 so as to complete the trifecta.
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2019 goals are simple:

- Get 3% grocery card (done - PC’d my NFCU cashRewards to More Rewards)

- Get 2 cards over 10K (done - Disco is at $11,200 after last months CLI, NFCU Platinum got $5500 of my old cashRewards limit making it $12,700)

- Get in with another CU (done - opened DCU checking, savings, and platinum the other day)

- Get Sync Amazon to $5K. This one is going to take a lot of luv button pushing until Sync gives it to me and I think my $8K SL on my PayPal card in January is going to keep my Amazon at $1800 for awhile longer. 

Other than that, I’m gardening. I have a bunch of old baddies falling from EQ and EX in July unless I ask for EE and since I am not going to app for anything, I would rather those tradelines turn to positives than be deleted entirely. 

I also keep saying I’ll close my SSFCU card... but who am I kidding? It’s a $5K WMC with no AF. I’m going to keep it and get around to sending them a custom image. 

Oh oh yeah and I’m going to order my Square Cash Debit card. I’ve just gotta figure out what design I want to make on it. 

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.