cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your goal cards/trash bin cards for 2019?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your goal cards/trash bin cards for 2019?

My goals (evolve...):

• Just applied for NFCU membership, fingers crossed
  • Promote or close (trash bin, hehe) the secured Discover Chrome account
  • On cycle CLI attempts on the Amex and Discover CB accounts
  • Around October, PC / upgrade attempt QS to Savor

Message 21 of 43
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

After this Wednesday I'll be back under 5/24--so I'm going to take another crack at one of the Chase Ink cards...but this time I'm going to try in branch with a banker since I had business verification issues last time I tried in August. I'm also interested in one of the Hilton AMEX cards--I've gotten several emails recently to apply for the No AF one with a 100K pt.-$1k spend bonus offer.

If approved for Ink I'm going to close my CSP and re-apply for it again later down the road to make the SUB this time (last time I didn't).

Freedom, Blispay, Union Plus MC, one of my Synch Visa's and one of my Comenity bank CCs are potential shredding materials at this point.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 22 of 43
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Goal cards:  none

Trash bin cards:  none

If Chase would refresh the CSP into something other than a junior version of the CSR, I might be interested in it.

Keep in mind there is 48-month bonus language now for the Sapphire family. Assuming you applied for CSR directly and got a bonus, you'd be ineligible for a bonus with CSP. So any new features would have to be worth several hundred dollars to you to outweight a card that offered a 50k-70k bonus.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 23 of 43
FlaDude
Established Contributor

2019 Already approved or plan to app.

Amex ED approved earlier this month for $19.3k - mainly for 0%, 0 Transfer fee BT.

Amex Delta Gold, approved last week for $10k - 60k miles SUB, Delta travel bennies

Amex Hilton Ascend - probably late spring, early summer - Currently 130k HH point SUB, I hope that stays or improves. In a lot of the places I travel to for business, a Hampton Inn is the nicest place around so I stay at them and other Hilton chains pretty regularly.

2019 Already scrapped - Synch Sleep Number. Bought the overpriced bed once, won't need another for a while.

2019 Might scrap:

Amex Green - I kept this mainly for reimbursable business travel since the statement/payment dates are staggered two weeks from the Gold card so I switched between them depending on which would give the longest float in hopes that my expense check would show up before the payment was due. That was my strategy for years when most of my CCs were maxed or close to it. Now that most are PIF and overall UTI is around 10%, I've been putting more biz travel on cards with better earnings. At this point I don't see the value in paying $95 AF for a card without much value.

I have some CC's I don't have a lot of need for, but since they have no annual fees and CLs from $10k to $31k I'll keep them for UTI and AoA purposes.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goal card:

PC CSP to SCR

Trash card:

I don't trash my card, they are my babies.

Message 25 of 43
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Just got my goal cards for the year .

U S Bank Cash+ - $20K SL for 5% utilities and cell phone 

Uber Visa  - $10k SL for 4% Dining and 3% travel

FNBO Ducks Unlimited Visa - SL $5.7K for 5% on Gas 

I may need a BT card in September. I should have my current 0% balance paid by then, but I have about $2k in medical/dental expense comming due soon. 

I will be keeping all my current cards. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goal: Nothing at the moment. Pretty much set in what i want. But this can always change

Trash Bin: Never once used my Discover Miles, so its awaiting its death sentence. And frankly the only reason I keep my Discover It is because of the LA Kings logo, and the way they've played this year....

Not sure if Citi still allows combining limits. I'd be willing to eat the HP if they'd move my DC limit over to my Premiere. If that happened, I'd get rid of the DC.

Possibly Chase Freedom. Can't even remember when it was last used. Only reason I keep it is because it's one of my oldest. (purely sentimental, no other reason I keep it at this point.) Like to move the limit over to Amazon and be done with it.

Those are the likely candidates to fall. Honorable mention would go to BBVA Amex and Walmart MC 

Message 27 of 43
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Goal: Nothing at the moment. Pretty much set in what i want. But this can always change

Trash Bin: Never once used my Discover Miles, so its awaiting its death sentence. And frankly the only reason I keep my Discover It is because of the LA Kings logo, and the way they've played this year....

Not sure if Citi still allows combining limits. I'd be willing to eat the HP if they'd move my DC limit over to my Premiere. If that happened, I'd get rid of the DC.

Possibly Chase Freedom. Can't even remember when it was last used. Only reason I keep it is because it's one of my oldest. (purely sentimental, no other reason I keep it at this point.) Like to move the limit over to Amazon and be done with it.

Those are the likely candidates to fall. Honorable mention would go to BBVA Amex and Walmart MC 

The process with Citi is not guaranteed, and involves a HP. You'd request a CLD on the DC, then ask for a HP CLI on Premier.

You might also just see what you can get with a SP CLI on Premier.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to get an AMEX and a Discover by the end of the year.

Trash:  Going to ditch my Indigo Card and my CreditOne Card after 12 months, only got them in the first place in order help credit utilization until I can step up to better cards and better scores.

Message 29 of 43
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Goal cards:  The only goal is no new accounts 👍

Trash bin cards: Within two years, I will close 1-2 retail cards and 4-5 CCs reducing total credit by 45%. If an upgrade is not offered on an AF fee, I will close the account and transfer the CL.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.